Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things your parents said that surprised you

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Dad (RIP) in about 1990: "That? Oh, I got that after we were shot down over N Vietnam". He was in the RAF.

Mum (last night): "I hate Claudia Winkleman. I could shoot her. I hate, hate, hate her". She (my mother) is the most mild-mannered person I know.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My Dad gets equally irrationally angry whenever Ant and Dec come on TV so you can imagine, he's angry quite a lot of the time!

This is a problem easily solved... no ITV = no Ant & Dec.

It's a policy that solves many, many other similar problems too :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My dad, who was ex BTP, still comes out with amazing stuff, of characters he's met during his career.
Some I can never mention, but on one such occasion he had to humour his Sgt, as I had been caught mucking about on the train coming back from Albions FA Cup final v Manure.
Basically 6 of us couldn't find a seat, so we bunked down in a first class compartment, one of my so called mates decided to unscrew a light bulb and lob it about.
As bulb flew through the air to one of the others, he missed and it smashed on floor.
Cue my dads Sgt and a PC, asked for all our names knowing who I was, decided to act all **********.
Next station I got off, phoned my dad to let him know of events.
Let's just say I never went to the replay, and I learnt a new lot of swear words courtesy of my dad :lolol:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I was being measured up for a bike once and, I'm not sure why, my Dad asked 'where's your penis', Mum immediately responded 'the same place as yours', which surprised me because it wasn't in his trousers at all.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
When I was sixteen in the early seventies(very early seventies) my father said to me"This country has had it boy piss off abroad. That is the only advice he ever gave me.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My Mum, RIP on watching the ice skating the year that Torvill and Dean won, after a prior competitor fell over ' the Ice must be slippery tonight'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When my daughter was born my mother said she thought I was disappointed because I wanted a boy :shrug: I told her I didn’t know where she heard that because it wasn’t true. She said I had bought a pair of mini football boots because I thought a baby boy was on the way.....I definitely did not buy any football boots and didn’t mind if we had a boy or a girl.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My dad asked me if I wanted to see Ike and Tina Turner when they came to the Dome. I was 12 years old and had never heard of them so I said no. A few years later I was kicking myself for turning it down.

It was a surprise because it wasn't my dad's sort of music at all

D

Deleted member 2719

Dad (RIP) in about 1990: "That? Oh, I got that after we were shot down over N Vietnam". He was in the RAF.

Mum (last night): "I hate Claudia Winkleman. I could shoot her. I hate, hate, hate her". She (my mother) is the most mild-mannered person I know.

Your mum seems 'sound as a pound' to me and her judgement is spot on.:thumbsup:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
"The reason your father has such bad sinus problems is because of all the cocaine he took in the 1960s" Was told this around 1987 :ohmy:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
My dad's advice when he sent me off to boarding school in my early teens. 'At school you may be tempted to do certain things. Don't. You will feel very dirty afterwards' No clarification of what these things might be was offered.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I was about five my Dad said he wanted me to learn an important lesson. He got me to stand a chest of drawers and told me to jump because he would catch me. So I jumped, he stood back, and I crashed to the floor.

I cried and asked him why he didn't catch me when he said he would.

'That's your lesson,' he said. 'Trust no-one'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here