Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst Pundit on England

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hmm....I just always get the impression he's looking for an argument whenever he's on a panel and that seems takes precedence over anything else when he says something.

Probably because he doesn’t suffer fools, far too many on TV talking bollox about football ( this thread tells us that )
I think Roy is harsh but fair.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hmm....I just always get the impression he's looking for an argument whenever he's on a panel and that seems takes precedence over anything else when he says something.

Yep. He's just a parody these days.

In all honesty 99% of the ex pro's who get these gigs are useless. The only good ones are those like Danny Higginbotham who bother to put the time and effort in but he's not a big enough name. I don't listen to the mainstream media pundits as they're all useless, I even find Neville and Carragher quite basic.

If you want half decent coverage, online and podcasts are the way forward.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Danny Mills.

There is literally no other alternative to Danny Mills being the absolute worst football pundit ever.

On the Talkshite gameday podcast recently "I don't understand why Ben White left Leeds to play for Brighton", to subsequently be reminded he's a Brighton player..."..it don't matter Sam".

The on the same game we beat Man City, "I don't rate Potter, how's he getting this hype, if you don't score goals you're not getting the best out of your players" - he then started waffling about how if we were so good how come we're down the bottom end of the table on 41 points. He was then subsequently asked about Dyche, Sam Allardyce etc, "they're different managers".

Cannot stand the gimp and if tomorrow he were to develop a condition that prevented him from talking, i'd be celebrating.

Highest category/classification of a total wanker.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Surprised no-one's mentioned Chris Sutton - he just tries to be annoying and choose a "controversial" point of view regardless of how moronic it is.

On TV, I also struggle with Andy Townshend as he offers nothing other than trite lines like "he just needed to hit it past the goalkeeper" if someone has a shot saved. Oddly, on the radio - when I guess he has more time - i find him one of the more even-handed and insightful pundits.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mick McCarthy doesn't seem to do them any more but he was always good value. Perhaps they should get him on with Roy Keane :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pundit ratings thread required ?

McManaman - 2
Owen - 2
Mills - 1
Keown - 2
Waddle - (-)3
Murphy - 4
Wright - 4
Scott - 5
Shearer - 5
Souness - 5
Carragher - 6
Carney - 6 (extra points for pissing off the deluded masses)
Redknapp - 5
Neville - 7
Keane - 7
Smith - 3
Richards - 6
Jenas - 6
Sidwell - 6
Murray - 7

I'd go along with this, although you're being too generous to Mills. Nobody should be generous to Mills.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surprised no-one's mentioned Chris Sutton - he just tries to be annoying and choose a "controversial" point of view regardless of how moronic it is.

On TV, I also struggle with Andy Townshend as he offers nothing other than trite lines like "he just needed to hit it past the goalkeeper" if someone has a shot saved. Oddly, on the radio - when I guess he has more time - i find him one of the more even-handed and insightful pundits.

Sutton is about my favourite, especially when he's with 'Bruce', although the interaction with Chappers is similarly entertaining. As much as he revels in being a wind-up merchant and plugs false binaries, his analysis is pretty sharp. The likes of Neville are more incisive but, as an all-round package, Sutton is right up there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sutton is about my favourite, especially when he's with 'Bruce', although the interaction with Chappers is similarly entertaining. As much as he revels in being a wind-up merchant and plugs false binaries, his analysis is pretty sharp. The likes of Neville are more incisive but, as an all-round package, Sutton is right up there.

You're better than that, Machiavelli ???

:wink:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Exactly. Terrible person, awful manager and spouts utter rubbish whilst looking to be controversial.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The only one I like is Roy Keane, tells it how it is.

Same. Plus comes out with some corkers.

5DB16C5C-DCEB-44CF-A807-9123D931AD71.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can remember the last time I heard some real insight from a pundit. It was Karen Carney. She overheard Pep shouting 'width, width' at his attackers, and had the knowledge to realise
he wanted them to stretch the opposition backline, to get space for the midfielders to make runs into. Top punditry. Can you imagine a Danny Mills or an Ashley Cole doing the same? NFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here