Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst Pundit on England

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Chris Waddle by a country mile.

I’ve never liked him as pundit, so negative and arrogant but he knocks the negativity out the park on the latest (today) BBC’s Daily Euro pod as he lays into Ben White. What a prat. His knowledge on our boy seems to be limited to his false statement that ‘he was a midfielder at Leeds, not a centre back’ as he tries to argue that 5ft10” Kyle Walker is a better centre back choice than our Ben in an England back two for Croatia. I guarantee he has not seen a minute of Ben playing for us this season. Idiot. Starts at 09:00 if anyone else wants to get angry.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Steve Macmananananmaman, to be very honest.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I’ve never liked him as pundit, so negative and arrogant but he knocks the negativity out the park on the latest (today) BBC’s Daily Euro pod as he lays into Ben White. What a prat. His knowledge on our boy seems to be limited to his false statement that ‘he was a midfielder at Leeds, not a centre back’ as he tries to argue that 5ft10” Kyle Walker is a better centre back choice than our Ben in an England back two for Croatia. I guarantee he has not seen a minute of Ben playing for us this season. Idiot. Starts at 09:00 if anyone else wants to get angry.

Rant over.

:angry:

The BBC should ask for their fee back given the level of incompetence from Waddle, in fact he should be sacked.

It would have been far better (if still wrong) if he had said I would play Walker at centre half as I haven't seen enough of White

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I don't think you can look any farther than Micah Richards for this title really. His sole contributions involve pointless stories that don't go anywhere and gormless laughter at his own half baked anecdotes. It's like someone crossed Grandpa Simpson and Dr Hibbert and planted the brain in the body of a moronic ex footballer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paul Ince was on the other day calling for TAA's replacement to be Ben Godfrey.

Shit manager, shit pundit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THey're all shit, ex players nearly always are.

If they were any good at coaching/managing they'd be getting paid more to do it.

el punal

If they were any good at coaching/managing they'd be getting paid more to do it.

I always remember Sir Alf Ramsey doing his stint on the mic at 1974 World Cup. He was co-commentating on one of the games when the floodlights failed. When asked by the match commentator what would he (Sir Alf) do Sir Alf replied “Hem not an helectrician.” :bowdown:

I don’t think Sir Alf was asked back after that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
:angry:

The BBC should ask for their fee back given the level of incompetence from Waddle, in fact he should be sacked.

It would have been far better (if still wrong) if he had said I would play Walker at centre half as I haven't seen enough of White

Indeed . . . but he is still entitled to his opinion!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Rant over.

I heard it today as well, utterly infuriating there was no one there to correct his laughable ignorance.

Ignorance about teams, players. That’s slightly forgivable but still bad for a pundit. Who’s PAID for his expert opinions.
But to be confidently ignorant, and proudly make judgements based on your ignorance is horrific.

For those who missed it. Chris was laughing off the suggestion that Ben White should start for England. “He’s just a rookie”. And even more laughable “he hasn’t even played much as a CB”(?), and to top it off “at Leeds he didn’t even play in defence. Bielsa mainly played him in midfield”.

Again, bloke in the pub, you can laugh it off.
Social media, or ignorance on NSC, annoying but forgivable.
But if you’re getting paid money, why run down a hugely talented young player, at the start of his international career? At least find out a modicum of information before doing so. Sorry to bother you, but we are paying you for this.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Which successful manager pundits do the BBC have so we can get tactical/managerial insight into the game?

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

My thoughts entirely, always annoyed me that ex players who failed at management, or never managed at all, think they are so wise sitting in a pundit's chair.
On England, I never understood why they have Irish pundits like Keane, Whelan, Lawrenson or Townsend involved. Keane, in particular, barely conceals his disdain for England.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't think you can look any farther than Micah Richards for this title really. His sole contributions involve pointless stories that don't go anywhere and gormless laughter at his own half baked anecdotes. It's like someone crossed Grandpa Simpson and Dr Hibbert and planted the brain in the body of a moronic ex footballer.

On Scotland's chances:

"Scotland are all right. They've got McGinn and McTominay - or McSauce as I call him..."

:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57413544

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On a positive note, I could listen to Ally McCoist co commentating all day. Enthusiastic, insightful and funny

I also love Ian Wright but he's more of a pundit really. The love for football is just palpable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here