Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst Pundit on England

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Lets face it 95% of them are absolutely shocking. Barely a brain cell between them. Special mention for Ashley Cole though plumbing new depths of stupidity. And at risk of getting flamed, I cant stand Alex Scott either. And its not for any other reason than I just hate the way she talks - cant bear to listen.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Roy Keane - his enthusiasm for the game seems to have waned since his playing days and he even makes Alan Shearer sound interesting. Terrible.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Spoilt for choice here but will opt for Alex Scott who never ventures beyond the bland and platitudinous. (Dis)Honourable mentions for just about every other punter mentioned on this tread - I can only think it must be a much harder job than it looks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Micah Richards - I can’t think of one interesting thing he’s ever said. And he’s not as funny as he thinks he is.
Roy Keane / Chris Sutton - sharp wit, very entertaining.
Jermain Jenas - very good all round pundit and broadcaster.

Keane and Sutton are both provocative too, which generates a debate and consideration.
I don't mind Micah Richards, but he's omnipresent at the moment.
Jenas is good, as are Neville and Nevin in my view

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Jonathan Pierce is pretty awful, his false sense of being hugely excited about some obscure game irritates me. The Millwall Brighton quarter final was a painful listen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ashley Cole - never could stand him. Rio Ferdinand not far behind. Mills pretty bad too.

Is Micah Richards there as a direct replacement for Kammy?

Sue Smith and Clinton Morrison over-excitable and a bit squeaky - at least Sue Smith knows her stuff reasonably well, and doesn't repeat herself over and over again.

Garth Crooks, as others have noted - just creepy. Longer sentences aren't an indication of greater intelligence, Garth!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Jonathan Pierce is pretty awful, his false sense of being hugely excited about some obscure game irritates me. The Millwall Brighton quarter final was a painful listen.

Quite possibly the worst person you could have on the mic when Eriksson went down. He was talking about a player who could possibly die on screen like it was a house robot.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If Ashley Cole could learn to speak English he might be quite good? Sounds like the dry stone wall guy on Clarkson's 'On The Farm' if anyone has seen that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just watched the BBC highlights of the Dutch game and was hugely disappointed to find Andy Townsend in the commentary team. Wtf are the BBC doing paying him ffs?

Banal pointless drivel aplenty. No change there then. Depressing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here