Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Turkey v Italy Euro 2020 Game 1 Tonight 8pm

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Here we go then , tonight sees a interesting game to get the tournament started , in form Turkey take on the mighty Italians who always seem to do well winning their games by hook or by crook , this won't be a walkover as many of the pundits seem to think .

Who do you fancy ?

I fancy Turkey to get something from this game with Leicester City's Under scoring a screamer from outside the box .

Turkey are 66-1 to win the tournament which I think is quite generous as a Each way bet .

Italy are always in with a shout in major tournaments and know how to win tight encounters , really looking forward to the competition now , lots of unknowns to NSC in the shop window for the summer transfer window thread .

My predictions for what it's worth

Winners Belgium

Finalists Belgium v Portugal

Semi Finalists Belgium Portugal Turkey France

Quarter Finalists Belgium Portugal Turkey France England Spain Italy Germany

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Italy are my favourites to win outright.

I agree, they are going to be very difficult for the other big guns to beat in my opinion.

I don't see Belgium winning it personally, I think they are past their prime and look shaky particularly in defense.

Obviously, the France and Portugal squads will take some beating too!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
France have a good defence and will score a lot of goals, Italy lack firepower but are defensively sound, so I reckon one of those two will win it.

My surprise package are the Czechs. I think they are capable of sneaking past either England or Croatia and will prove far too good for Scotland. A lot of their squad plays week in week out together at Slavia Prague who reached the last 8 in the Europa league, while Tomas Soucek had a great season at West Ham while Schick (Leipzig on loan, Leverkusen) and Vydra (Watford, Burnley) are also both proven top level strikers.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Gli Azzuri are going to absolutely trounce Turkey tonight. Ciro and Lorenzo to bag a couple each, in a spectacular statement of intent. Lump on.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Germany will probably stumble their way through to the final as usual but I quite fancy Portugal to nick it overall .

Also impressed with Turkey and Poland for possible surprise packages .

Of all our players in the tournament I think Moder will feature the most and there will always be a player that stands out from a underrated team that then goes on to sign for ridiculous money for one of the big clubs , then usually ends up on loan at Wolves .

I would like to think Wales will progress deep into the competition they have some excellent players and probably the best bet to go the farthest in the tournament.

Can't say I fancy England at all , and the thought of Mings as a CB just makes it laughable the bookies make England 2nd favourite.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Italians or Turks - both very dislikeable as a nation.

Italy will be there or there abouts. Have a decent chance.

Turkey are better than their odds.

Going for a slim Italian victory and not a knee in sight

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Seen lots of people tipping Turkey as 'dark horses'- I'm not having it. They've got decent quality but I don't see them going past the second round. Having said that, I could see them getting a point tonight.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For Turkey Italy I think it'll be a draw or a narrow win for Italy.

For the tournament, it's hard to look past France. Next up are Portugal and Belgium. Italy are a good dark horse. Then it's a bunch of teams, including England who have an attacking arsenal to rival or better any team in the competition. It's just a shame the further back we go the weaker we get and it's hard to win a tournament with a shit defense.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree, they are going to be very difficult for the other big guns to beat in my opinion.

I don't see Belgium winning it personally, I think they are past their prime and look shaky particularly in defense.

Obviously, the France and Portugal squads will take some beating too!

I don't disagree, Italy, as has beeen said, are notoriously difficult to beat, do well in major tournaments, and usually find a way to win games, even when not at their best.

Belgium may well be the best team on paper, but when it comes to the crunch seem to flatter to deceive. France though, yes a lot of big names, but l they can have an off day, and are beatable.

Meanwhile of course, there is also the possibility that a complete outsider could do very well, the Euro's have a history of it, with both Greece and Denmark winning in fairly recent times.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Italy are my perennial second team - love em.

Likewise, they're the best at Shitehousery and getting away with it as well, which is bloody infuriating but also amusing.

Belgium will fluff, so will Spain, 1/4's

I've just filled in a slapdash wall chart England lose to Italy in the semis, France beat Netherlands

Italy win.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Meanwhile of course, there is also the possibility that a complete outsider could do very well, the Euro's have a history of it, with both Greece and Denmark winning in fairly recent times.

Groups C&E could be where the suprise teams come from . . . . Poland ? Austria?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Here we go then , tonight sees a interesting game to get the tournament started , in form Turkey take on the mighty Italians who always seem to do well winning their games by hook or by crook , this won't be a walkover as many of the pundits seem to think .

Who do you fancy ?

I fancy Turkey to get something from this game with Leicester City's Under scoring a screamer from outside the box .

Turkey are 66-1 to win the tournament which I think is quite generous as a Each way bet .

Italy are always in with a shout in major tournaments and know how to win tight encounters , really looking forward to the competition now , lots of unknowns to NSC in the shop window for the summer transfer window thread .

My predictions for what it's worth

Winners Belgium

Finalists Belgium v Portugal

Semi Finalists Belgium Portugal Turkey France

Quarter Finalists Belgium Portugal Turkey France England Spain Italy Germany

I reckon an entertaining 1-1 tonight, then Switzerland to sneak a 1-0 vs the Welsh in a dire game tomorrow.

My predictions:

Winners:
France

Final:
France vs Germany

Semi-Finals
Belgium vs France
England vs Germany

Quarter-Finals:
France vs Poland
Belgium vs Italy
Germany vs Denmark
Spain vs England

Round of 16:
Turkey vs Denmark
Italy vs North Macedonia
Netherlands vs Germany
Belgium vs Sweden
Croatia vs Poland
France vs Switzerland
England vs Portugal
Spain vs Austria

Group Winners/Runners up:

Italy / Turkey
Belgium / Denmark
Netherlands / N Macedonia
England / Croatia
Spain / Poland
France / Portugal

Lucky losers:
Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am worried that my other half is going to throw a wobbly after a few days of wall to wall football :smile:

I have absolutely no idea who is going to win but am hoping England do me proud and not make me angry again

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes indeed, our defence really does worry me. there is an accident just waiting to happen in there.

I am reserving judgement on our performance until we see the team sheet . . . Southgates success is arguably all down to 2 or 3 players, all in a line in front of a keeper, lets hope he pick a half decent one of those too.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Following the many games shown on TV recently i am just watching Englands games, need a break before the start of the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here