Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Turkey v Italy Euro 2020 Game 1 Tonight 8pm

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought Italy were a bit like The Leeds tonight. No great stars, but at it for 90 minutes, and fitter than the opposition.

Nice to see them not like The Leeds and Italy of the 70s, putting the boot in and playing tedious possession 'football', though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"This will make people sit and stand up" - Rio Ferdinand is a genius pundit

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Rio’s alright. Ok he’s not a university wordsmith, but so what. He’s pretty sharp, enjoyed his analysis of us in our games this season. His observations on our mentality was far more insightful than the usual generic punditry.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Rio’s alright. Ok he’s not a university wordsmith, but so what. He’s pretty sharp, enjoyed his analysis of us in our games this season. His observations on our mentality was far more insightful than the usual generic punditry.
Yeah he's good, and getting better and better I think

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Its only one game but two things learnt tonight .. people talking up Turkey as dark horses were most probably drunk and people putting money on Italy to win the Euros have almost certainly lost their money.

#underwhelmed

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its only one game but two things learnt tonight .. people talking up Turkey as dark horses were most probably drunk and people putting money on Italy to win the Euros have almost certainly lost their money.

#underwhelmed

Sudden interest in Europe from you? :lolol:

Italy looked decent. Turkey didn't. Game probably played out how us against Palace should have if we could have finished and them not. Six point starter for me on the predictions league but bloody annoyed that Italy's second goal came on the precise minute I predicted their first :rant:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sudden interest in Europe from you? [emoji38]ol:

Italy looked decent. Turkey didn't. Game probably played out how us against Palace should have if we could have finished and them not. Six point starter for me on the predictions league but bloody annoyed that Italy's second goal came on the precise minute I predicted their first :rant:
Italy were struggling to create any clear cut chances against a very poor team carrying zero threat. After the own goal the game opened up as Turkey faded/tried to push forward with predictable consequences ... we created numerous chances against the scummers but failed to finish as usual.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

#underwhelmed

Handsome devils, your Italians.[emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not read the thread, but Italy's No10 Insigne looked absolutely sensational tonight, even before his goal. He's THIRTY ffs, and I've never even heard of him. One of those little short-arses with a low centre of gravity, great balance, touch and control. All dipping shoulders, clever taps and body-swerves, he reminded me of Baggio in his prime.

I'm sure there'll be some wizened NSC-ers who have know about him for the last 15 years, but its the first I've seen of him, and he is going to be a star of this tournament. Beautiful player.

Dec 29, 2011
Not read the thread, but Italy's No10 Insigne looked absolutely sensational tonight, even before his goal. He's THIRTY ffs, and I've never even heard of him. One of those little short-arses with a low centre of gravity, great balance, touch and control. All dipping shoulders, clever taps and body-swerves, he reminded me of Baggio in his prime.

I'm sure there'll be some wizened NSC-ers who have know about him for the last 15 years, but its the first I've seen of him, and he is going to be a star of this tournament. Beautiful player.

Common name if you've played any of the FIFA games in the past ten years. Blazing quick player who can finish well, a dream on that game.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Really wow Lorenzo has been around forever! In younger age groups at international level as well
No excuse in this internet age ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

???

Astonishing.

Tune in this time tomorrow for Easy’s Hot take on Belgium’s undiscovered talent, Dries Mertens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Keep hearing about some Messy bloke from Columbia. Is he any good ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That was a very impressive Italian performance!
The energy and the way they move the ball around was a joy to watch. Nothing like most of the Italian teams I remember.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
That was a very impressive Italian performance!
The energy and the way they move the ball around was a joy to watch. Nothing like most of the Italian teams I remember.
Its been the way they have played most games leading into the tournament as you say not your usual Italy but very impressive.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here