Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News

D

Deleted member 2719

I think you have made a very big mistake by claiming Neil is a respected journalist, while at the BBC he had to be impartial, that will go out the window at GB News.

Woke and Cancel Culture is simply about realising that times change and what was acceptable in times past is not always acceptable in modern times. Like being beaten by you parents as a child justifies beating your own kids, realising that words and deeds can be wrong now times have changed.

Some people like to cling to the past as it seems they find comfort in being racist or homophobic and they can't deal with the fact that they are losing their automatic right to say and sometimes do as they want, it is those people who are crying in reality... they were born 2-0 up but the other side have equalised and suddenly they are scared and worried..

The woke culture has peaked, people have had enough of it.

We are rearing a nation full of fluffy bunnies, with their lockdown dogs that they never bother to walk, then they dress them up in silly waistcoats to keep them warm, even during the summer.

This country has gone to the dogs.

I predict woke's to be the first to lose their jobs in any forthcoming recession.

Perhaps the first steps forward to change is for them to go out shooting rabbits, skinning them, and eating them over a campfire.

We are rearing a nation full of fluffy bunnies, with their lockdown dogs that they never bother to walk, then they dress them up in silly waistcoats to keep them warm, even during the summer.

I predict woke's to be the first to lose their jobs in any forthcoming recession.

Perhaps the first steps forward to change is for them to go out shooting rabbits, skinning them, and eating them over a campfire.

.... we have a pet house rabbit. No guns in Withdean please!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's ok, in order to be " Woke " you need to have some understanding of what it means. I'm not sure if this will help but things like abolishing slavery, stopping young children working 12 hour days in mills and giving the vote to ordinary people were all regarded as being pretty " woke" at the time.

Not sure that buying a Dog is " Woke" though ?

Humanity keeps moving forwards despite the odd hiccup, sadly there are always those who are left behind... you can see their paintings in caves sometimes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just having a gander at their webpage. Some absolute corkers. The whole aesthetic genuinely looks like a spoof site. Judging by the website I'm not convinced this whole thing isn't a big prank.

A selection of their upcoming output....

Dewbs & Co (not sure who the "co" refers to).

"If it matters to you it matters to Dewbs. Michelle’s takes on the top stories is authentic, unvarnished and unashamedly on the side of the unheard"

The Great British Breakfast

.The GB News Breakfast family sit around the table discussing the stories that matter to the UK – this isn’t Westminster politics and will follow its own agenda.

Yeah, I bet it will.

Dan Wooton LIVE

UK news with serious attitude. Dan Wootton dissects the day’s stories, with big name interviews from news, sport and entertainment.

That doesn't sound very balanced. Or indeed sane. Why would anyone in their right mind wish for news with "attitude"? Just deliver the facts, in an objective manner. This line is a clanger of a giveaway for their real agenda. News with serious attitude? It sounds juvenile and rabble rousing. Exactly what we don't need right now.

Tonight Live with Nana Akua

UK news with serious attitude; the days stories dissected for a post-watershed audience with Nana Akua.

Huh? News is news isn't it? Post watershed? What are the planning on doing with the news to render it unsuitable for pre-9pm broadcast? Utterly bizarre.

Free Speech Nation

Where journalism and comedy meet. News that you won’t have seen elsewhere – a round-up of the best and most infuriating stories of Andrew’s week – and the ones that really resonated with our viewers.

Jesus wept. That is gonna be a nest of arse-holes.

Neil Oliver is involved too. Bizarre. Must have a big tax bill.

This whole thing is going to be hilarious. Luckily I doubt it's going to convert anyone to the right and should act as nothing more than a broadcast echo chamber, albeit one with the sophistication of a 3 piece jigsaw.
Even if I was right of centre, I'd be embarrassed that these people were speaking for me.

Jan 30, 2008
As mouldy mentioned in his post above a lot of people have had enough of woke culture which revolves around putting this country down and objecting to anything that offends their woke nature which they want to impose on the majority of ordinary folk in this country
GB news is a must to address this appalling state of affairs via MSM
Regards
DF

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like Neil Oliver's programs. I hope he's made a lot of money out of them because he's about to commit career suicide. He's the only real surprise in this otherwise cul-de sac of predictable arse-holery.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just having a gander at their webpage. Some absolute corkers. The whole aesthetic genuinely looks like a spoof site. Judging by the website I'm not convinced this whole thing isn't a big prank.

A selection of their upcoming output....

Dewbs & Co (not sure who the "co" refers to).

"If it matters to you it matters to Dewbs. Michelle’s takes on the top stories is authentic, unvarnished and unashamedly on the side of the unheard"

The Great British Breakfast

.The GB News Breakfast family sit around the table discussing the stories that matter to the UK – this isn’t Westminster politics and will follow its own agenda.

Yeah, I bet it will.

Dan Wooton LIVE

UK news with serious attitude. Dan Wootton dissects the day’s stories, with big name interviews from news, sport and entertainment.

That doesn't sound very balanced. Or indeed sane. Why would anyone in their right mind wish for news with "attitude"? Just deliver the facts, in an objective manner. This line is a clanger of a giveaway for their real agenda. News with serious attitude? It sounds juvenile and rabble rousing. Exactly what we don't need right now.

Tonight Live with Nana Akua

UK news with serious attitude; the days stories dissected for a post-watershed audience with Nana Akua.

Huh? News is news isn't it? Post watershed? What are the planning on doing with the news to render it unsuitable for pre-9pm broadcast? Utterly bizarre.

Free Speech Nation

Where journalism and comedy meet. News that you won’t have seen elsewhere – a round-up of the best and most infuriating stories of Andrew’s week – and the ones that really resonated with our viewers.

Jesus wept. That is gonna be a nest of arse-holes.

Neil Oliver is involved too. Bizarre. Must have a big tax bill.

This whole thing is going to be hilarious. Luckily I doubt it's going to convert anyone to the right and should act as nothing more than a broadcast echo chamber, albeit one with the sophistication of a 3 piece jigsaw.
Even if I was right of centre, I'd be embarrassed that these people were speaking for me.

Must admit I really can't understand how a Historian is required on a current affairs tv station ? With you on Oliver, clever and usually interesting but GB News ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Must admit I really can't understand how a Historian is required on a current affairs tv station ? With you on Oliver, clever and usually interesting but GB News ?

I should think a lot of their "current affairs" and "news with attitude" is going to be linked back and associated with cherry picked periods of history that reinforce their agenda. Nostalgia is intoxicating, especially when one is fundamentally unsatisfied with life in the present.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And as if the whole thing wasn't enough of a car wreck, the father of The Apprentice winner Michelle "Dewbs" Dewberry's child is none other than Simon Jordan, life long fan and former owner of Crystal Palace FC. Yes, the owner who was embroiled in alleged problems with wage payment , financial difficulties and whom oversaw their eventual slide into administration. :laugh:

Pedigree indeed.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have a suspicion most their viewers in early days will be people watching to see how terrible it is. "Woke Watch" seems aimed at encouraging this attention.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The usual old bed wetting woopsys really are getting their gussets in a gather over this one.. Dread to think of the state of their under crackers will be in when the five year celebrations of the independence vote start in a couple of weeks..
Wokeflakes..the gift that keeps on giving [emoji1787][emoji1787]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any news source that leans so heavily on nationalism and fetishises the flag so much, from any country, needs to be taken with a rather large dose of scepticism. However, this venture doesn't seem to be targeting critical thinkers. More actively avoiding them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I should think a lot of their "current affairs" and "news with attitude" is going to be linked back and associated with cherry picked periods of history that reinforce their agenda. Nostalgia is intoxicating, especially when one is fundamentally unsatisfied with life in the present.

Good point, This was pretty much the basis for the Brexit vote, lets go back to a kind of Bournemouth in the 70's....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good point, This was pretty much the basis for the Brexit vote, lets go back to a kind of Bournemouth in the 70's....

Well, quite. We are dealing with people (largely Leave voters) who don't really know what they want so when somebody draped in the flag tells them what to do, they fall in line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here