Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
A few lefty media sources attempting to paint GB news as similar to a Fox News .

I very much doubt this will be the case as both Alistair Stewart and Andrew Neil are serious respected journalists and neither will want to be portrayed in that manner .

I am looking forward to the start of one the new sections ‘ Woke Watch ‘ as many people detest this type of attitude and it will be good to see it shown for the nonsense it is .

Guardian readers will no doubt be crying in their Woke and cancel culture handkerchiefs !

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A few lefty media sources attempting to paint GB news as similar to a Fox News .

I very much doubt this will be the case as both Alistair Stewart and Andrew Neil are serious respected journalists and neither will want to be portrayed in that manner .

I am looking forward to the start of one the new sections ‘ Woke Watch ‘ as many people detest this type of attitude and it will be good to see it shown for the nonsense it is .

Guardian readers will no doubt be crying in their Woke and cancel culture handkerchiefs !

‘Woke Watch’? :laugh:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds dull.

Better than getting news from Dr Facebook and Professor YouTube, mind.

I'll stick to News Stand Chat though. Lol.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
TV news is generally a bit rubbish. How can you get an understanding of the day's events from brief coverage of a small selection of stories? Channel 4 do a better job than most.

The fact that GB News have been promoting this Woke Watch section very much suggests that they want to be Fox News-lite. It's hardly indicative of a balanced approach, is it?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
TV news is generally a bit rubbish. How can you get an understanding of the day's events from brief coverage of a small selection of stories? Channel 4 do a better job than most.

The fact that GB News have been promoting this Woke Watch section very much suggests that they want to be Fox News-lite. It's hardly indicative of a balanced approach, is it?

I can see it now…

“Tonight on Woke Watch, we talk to a man in Brighton who thinks using homophobic slurs, and I quote, “is not ok”. The leftie snowflake! We also talk to Johnny Everyman who has been CANCELLED when he was told that his ideas for a Straight pride month were “redundant”. The interview on the extent of his cancellation will be shown on GB News, BBC, ITV and Sky News all day and also feature in a three page article in The Sun, The Mail, The Telegraph and the Express.

After this, is your neighbour a trained MARXIST? We’ll find out, after the break”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think you have made a very big mistake by claiming Neil is a respected journalist, while at the BBC he had to be impartial, that will go out the window at GB News.

Woke and Cancel Culture is simply about realising that times change and what was acceptable in times past is not always acceptable in modern times. Like being beaten by you parents as a child justifies beating your own kids, realising that words and deeds can be wrong now times have changed.

Some people like to cling to the past as it seems they find comfort in being racist or homophobic and they can't deal with the fact that they are losing their automatic right to say and sometimes do as they want, it is those people who are crying in reality... they were born 2-0 up but the other side have equalised and suddenly they are scared and worried..

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think you have made a very big mistake by claiming Neil is a respected journalist, while at the BBC he had to be impartial, that will go out the window at GB News.

Woke and Cancel Culture is simply about realising that times change and what was acceptable in times past is not always acceptable in modern times. Like being beaten by you parents as a child justifies beating your own kids, realising that words and deeds can be wrong now times have changed.

Some people like to cling to the past as it seems they find comfort in being racist or homophobic and they can't deal with the fact that they are losing their automatic right to say and sometimes do as they want, it is those people who are crying in reality... they were born 2-0 up but the other side have equalised and suddenly they are scared and worried..

[emoji1787][emoji1303]

Jan 30, 2008
A breath of fresh air , after the woke bias of BBC South today it couldnt come sooner who's really bothered about drag Queens in Brighton or People supporting illegal crossings of the English channel ?
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Yes it is and it's exactly why it's been brought in :dunce: ,the fact that you think C4 is a good news channel says a lot about you imho :thumbsup:
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sunday night, eh? Looking forward to their apoplexy when England take the knee again on Sunday afternoon. That's Day 1's headlines covered.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Yes it is and it's exactly why it's been brought in :dunce: ,the fact that you think C4 is a good news channel says a lot about you imho :thumbsup:
Regards
DF

The fact that an antisemitic, homophobic, holocaust denying, football violence glorifying, racist will turn to this as their news source says it all.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With GB News starting on Sunday night where do you obtain your news?

Viewing figures are falling from the BBC & traditional newspapers sells reducing as well.

There appears to be a market for a new channel.

And away she goes....

FC08711B-B82D-428D-A521-C9A6154A1C0D.jpeg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes it is and it's exactly why it's been brought in :dunce:
Regards
DF

It is balanced? We shall see. Ofcom won't allow it to be become a full-blown Fox clone, but I'm sure they'll push the boundaries. The anchor-led format will also blur the line between news and entertainment.

QUOTE=Pretty pink fairy;9891933]the fact that you think C4 is a good news channel says a lot about you imho :thumbsup:
Regards
DF[/QUOTE]

I'll take that as a compliment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Young people do not watch TV or read traditional newspapers and its not going to change with a new TV channel.

I hope there’s a Goggle Box type show where we can see the assorted gammons and boomers turning red and exploding with apoplectic rage whilst they’re watching this shite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here