Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News

Formerly the nice bit in Hove, now Caroline Lucas territory

News

1 Not allowed!
    With GB News starting on Sunday night where do you obtain your news?

Viewing figures are falling from the BBC & traditional newspapers sells reducing as well.

There appears to be a market for a new channel.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      A few lefty media sources attempting to paint GB news as similar to a Fox News .

I very much doubt this will be the case as both Alistair Stewart and Andrew Neil are serious respected journalists and neither will want to be portrayed in that manner .

I am looking forward to the start of one the new sections ‘ Woke Watch ‘ as many people detest this type of attitude and it will be good to see it shown for the nonsense it is .

Guardian readers will no doubt be crying in their Woke and cancel culture handkerchiefs !
      Pro-peace

1 Not allowed!
      Young people do not watch TV or read traditional newspapers and its not going to change with a new TV channel.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A few lefty media sources attempting to paint GB news as similar to a Fox News .

I very much doubt this will be the case as both Alistair Stewart and Andrew Neil are serious respected journalists and neither will want to be portrayed in that manner .

I am looking forward to the start of one the new sections ‘ Woke Watch ‘ as many people detest this type of attitude and it will be good to see it shown for the nonsense it is .

Guardian readers will no doubt be crying in their Woke and cancel culture handkerchiefs !
      ‘Woke Watch’?
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

News

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      Young people do not watch TV or read traditional newspapers and its not going to change with a new TV channel.
      Ssshhhhh. Let them believe that Gammon Box News is relevant!
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Sounds dull.

Better than getting news from Dr Facebook and Professor YouTube, mind.

I'll stick to News Stand Chat though. Lol.
      "Russia is drowning Ukraine in tears and blood and children's corpses"

2 Not allowed!
      TV news is generally a bit rubbish. How can you get an understanding of the day's events from brief coverage of a small selection of stories? Channel 4 do a better job than most.

The fact that GB News have been promoting this Woke Watch section very much suggests that they want to be Fox News-lite. It's hardly indicative of a balanced approach, is it?

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
      TV news is generally a bit rubbish. How can you get an understanding of the day's events from brief coverage of a small selection of stories? Channel 4 do a better job than most.

The fact that GB News have been promoting this Woke Watch section very much suggests that they want to be Fox News-lite. It's hardly indicative of a balanced approach, is it?
      I can see it now…

“Tonight on Woke Watch, we talk to a man in Brighton who thinks using homophobic slurs, and I quote, “is not ok”. The leftie snowflake! We also talk to Johnny Everyman who has been CANCELLED when he was told that his ideas for a Straight pride month were “redundant”. The interview on the extent of his cancellation will be shown on GB News, BBC, ITV and Sky News all day and also feature in a three page article in The Sun, The Mail, The Telegraph and the Express.

After this, is your neighbour a trained MARXIST? We’ll find out, after the break”
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post

I think you have made a very big mistake by claiming Neil is a respected journalist, while at the BBC he had to be impartial, that will go out the window at GB News.

Woke and Cancel Culture is simply about realising that times change and what was acceptable in times past is not always acceptable in modern times. Like being beaten by you parents as a child justifies beating your own kids, realising that words and deeds can be wrong now times have changed.

Some people like to cling to the past as it seems they find comfort in being racist or homophobic and they can't deal with the fact that they are losing their automatic right to say and sometimes do as they want, it is those people who are crying in reality... they were born 2-0 up but the other side have equalised and suddenly they are scared and worried..
      " The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards " Gove, M. 19/4/2016

" We will be leaving on December 31st on Australian style terms and trading under the basis of WTO rules " Gove, M 19/10/2020
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      I think you have made a very big mistake by claiming Neil is a respected journalist, while at the BBC he had to be impartial, that will go out the window at GB News.

Woke and Cancel Culture is simply about realising that times change and what was acceptable in times past is not always acceptable in modern times. Like being beaten by you parents as a child justifies beating your own kids, realising that words and deeds can be wrong now times have changed.

Some people like to cling to the past as it seems they find comfort in being racist or homophobic and they can't deal with the fact that they are losing their automatic right to say and sometimes do as they want, it is those people who are crying in reality... they were born 2-0 up but the other side have equalised and suddenly they are scared and worried..