Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley Town in 1991...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was going through some press cuttings of my Grandad's who was on the board of Waterlooville FC, a team I followed with him as a youngster (I'm literally not Hove born and bred).

Thought I'd post because I noted Crawley Town in 15th in the Beazer Homes Premier League in December 1991. Even more eye catching is Burton Albion bottom of the league having only won twice in 16 games. I suppose I still look on 1991 as not being that long ago, but given where Burton and Crawley are now, obviously a lot can happen in football!

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 14.33.04.png

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
When looking at the tables was just about to ask who Ville were then re-read your post (thought Ville might be some random small village team never heard of before or a team filled with French ex-pats)
Never knew they were referred to as just Ville (but suppose similar with us being known just as Albion in a local rag)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When looking at the tables was just about to ask who Ville were then re-read your post (thought Ville might be some random small village team never heard of before or a team filled with French ex-pats)
Never knew they were referred to as just Ville (but suppose similar with us being known just as Albion in a local rag)

To make any kind of chant work it was either Ville, or 'Looville. To this day, they'll sing Havant & Looville over a Westleigh Park. Quite a few Brighton connections with Havant & Waterlooville over the years, Charlie Oatway and Guy Butters both finished their playing careers there. Wes Fogden still on their books I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here