Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch, Day One

England 67-0 (29 overs)

Burns 32* Sibley 31*

The first time in 10 years that the England openers have batted through a complete first session of a home Test match.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The first time in 10 years that the England openers have batted through a complete first session of a home Test match.

Wow. What a damning stat that is!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lunch, Day One

England 67-0 (29 overs)

Burns 32* Sibley 31*

It's the longest they have batted in a first innings of a home Test since 2009 !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not totally convinced Crawley gets into the Sussex team with form like he's producing at the moment never mind the England one

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not totally convinced Crawley gets into the Sussex team with form like he's producing at the moment never mind the England one

He might just give Travis Head a run for his money... but then again, I think I might manage that :nono:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Crawley

:nono:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Take out that 267, Crawley averages 20 odd. Nowhere near good enough.

Root back up to 3 please.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Root back up to 3 please.

Hard disagree, leave Root where he is. IMHO the batsman who should be batting at 3 is Stokes, he's one of England's best players of seam bowling.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England now have 7 weeks to work with their social media history tech bods to come up with Crawley's replacement.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hard disagree, leave Root where he is. IMHO the batsman who should be batting at 3 is Stokes, he's one of England's best players of seam bowling.

I think Stokes gives more balance at 4/5, he can play defensive and also attacking so you want him to be able to come in at 27/3 or 250/3, not early all the time, which let’s be honest the majority of the time our number 3 is out there early.

Root is our best batsman, I’ve always subscribed to having your best batsman at 3, tough one though I agree as his record is significantly better at 4 than 3 if I remember rightly.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Agree. IIRC Root's record at 3 is no where near as good as his record at 4. Leave him where he is, find a decent #3 to come in ahead of Root. I don't know if that's Stokes or not - does he have much of a record coming in to face a fresh new ball? Dunno, my general impression (which could well be very wrong!) is that he's more of an old-ball bully than a new-ball grafter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here