Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman - as if we didn't know

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well if we play the Netherlands in the Euros, it’s a no brainer for the Dutch team to start with Joel and watch him easily pocket Jack. I hope we don’t play them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This has become somewhat of a trope on NSC and amongst Albion fans. Although they're conveniently forgetting that Grealish was quite apparently injured on the day, and didn't play again for about two months afterwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That'll come as a surprise to my family who are season ticket holders in Dutchland, they said he was shitehouse.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Love the player.

RB was our achilles heal once time caught up with Bruno.

No more with Lamptey and Veltman.

Somebody has posted a dutch interview on here before, and I got the impression some Ajax fans gave him some stick for some mistakes he'd made. Personally I just can't imagine that, I think his first season with us was faultless. The really nice thing is he looks like a player who is confident and enjoying playing, long may it continue.

Also Veltman's verstaility is so impressive, as he seems to be consistently great wherever he plays. The fact we have Lamptey as well, sharing the right back role shows how strong we are there, as you say.

If you look at the left side, March had a great season but it would be amazing if we could get a left sided equivalent of Veltman that could share the role with March. We'd be so well balanced, its exciting to think about.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So Lamptey gets himself 100% fit , do you drop Veltman?

Tough one to call , hopefully.

If White goes Veltman slots into the back three and Lamptey resumes his place at RWB I'd expect

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I read somewhere that we had been tracking Veltman for two years, and were aware of the clause in his contract, that if a Prem league club came in for him, he would be sold for a bargain figure. Our recruitment team clearly know their stuff, and have an eye for the long game. I would love to know how they manage their prospect list, with different timelines, percentage chance of landing, predicted cost/return ratios etc, but we will never find out due to the necessary secrecy.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Tell it like it is, Sid! I know when JG plays for England he's on our side, but I anticipate being mightily embarrassed when he continues throwing himself down in the Euros .It was bad enough the other night. The word is CHEATING.

It is sometimes...but a good ref will spot that and should give him a yellow for simulation. Maybe we'll see better refs in the Euros than we do in the EPL 👍

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well if we play the Netherlands in the Euros, it’s a no brainer for the Dutch team to start with Joel and watch him easily pocket Jack. I hope we don’t play them.

Well that will be a first, l haven't seen any defender in the Premier League "easily pocket" Jack yet. I know he is open to ridicule, but Jack Grealish is actually a very good player. As much as we would like to think otherwise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here