rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
FFS

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
These muppets are so far removed from reality and so far up their own @rse, it's a wonder they can actually function in the real world.

The unfortunate thing is that they are our next generation of politicians, barristers, judges, bankers and all other types of blight on society.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A non-story with a miss-leading emphasis

'"The Middle Common Room is an organisation of graduate students. They don't represent the College," tweeted its president, Dinah Rose QC.

"A few years ago, in about 2013, they bought a print of a photo of the Queen to decorate their common room.

"They recently voted to take it down. Both of these decisions are their own to take, not the College's."

Who care's ? They put it up they took it down.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
A bit of a non-story. “Students take down picture from common room wall”

I’m more ashamed of our journalists thinking this was worth reporting. It was never anything other than a dog whistle for a certain demographic, and while I expect it of the Mail and the Sun, whose job is to keep Lower/Middle England in a state of barely contained apoplexy, it’s embarrassing to see Sky/BBC etc give it the time of day.

We need better editors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

I’m more ashamed of our journalists thinking this was worth reporting. It was never anything other than a dog whistle for a certain demographic, and while I expect it of the Mail and the Sun, whose job is to keep Lower/Middle England in a state of barely contained apoplexy, it’s embarrassing to see Sky/BBC etc give it the time of day.

We need better editors.

'"The Middle Common Room is an organisation of graduate students. They don't represent the College," tweeted its president, Dinah Rose QC.

"A few years ago, in about 2013, they bought a print of a photo of the Queen to decorate their common room.

"They recently voted to take it down. Both of these decisions are their own to take, not the College's."

Some students buy a painting and put it up a room. Then later take it down. Middle England outraged.

This, naturally.

Is there a better example of the bull shit manufactured 'culture wars' than this story?

Most surprising thing about it for me is a bunch of students put up a picture of the Queen in the first place. Each to their own and all that but, aren't there more exciting things to life when you are that age?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

We need better editors.

Also worth pointing out that on R5 yesterday morning the college asked people to stop abusive language on social media to them as a result of this story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Reports that the student who drove this change was actually a student visiting from America ! (I’m embarrassed for myself )

Imagine if a British student tried to get a royal family portrait removed from a university in another country . They would be laughed at or worse .

Strange in this country we tolerate ‘ foreigners’ telling us what to do with our own British symbols .

It’s very insulting to the Queen .

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I personally prefer getting angry about statues, portraits don't do it for me

I would call on a secretary of State for Education and Flags to intervene at once

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Reports that the student who drove this change was actually a student visiting from America ! (I’m embarrassed for myself )

Imagine if a British student tried to get a royal family portrait removed from a university in another country . They would be laughed at or worse .

Strange in this country we tolerate ‘ foreigners’ telling us what to do with our own British symbols .

It’s very insulting to the Queen .

There are some (Not me actually) who would say that is what we did for hundreds of years in our terrible , cruel colonial past.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Enough to get the flag nonces up in arms :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here