Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Krept and Konan - official England track

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
1) Yeah, my bad. But the problem which most people don't realise is that drill is being censored. Quite severely, too. Not only is it almost entirely whitewashed from mainstream radio (We're taking about 35m+ views on some songs that never seen any radio play because of the genre) but the Met police also pressure Youtube in to deleteing tracks that they feel incite violence. As (probably) the NSC expert on UK Hip-Hop it's a weird situation. You have young men talking about a life where they end up in gangs where they make money from drug dealing and general gang related crime so the police delete it. It's such a backwards mindset. "You're talking about stabbings, which could give you a way out of that kind of lifestyle, so we're going to block you from exploting this talent because we're worried it incites violence... and now you're back to needing to make money through violence." It's entirely backwards.

There are so many success stories to come out of the U.K but the Met Police are actively trying to close down a genuine route out of the hood for a lot of people. It's backwards to me, and so when people obviously don't fully get Drill I'm more than happy to give the opposite view. There's a reason a subgenre that is hidden from the mainstream media is still going from strength to strength. It's arguably the biggest musical export the U.K has had in years - the British drill sound is world wide now, even in America where our rap scene is seen as a joke.

1.5) If black people want to reclaim a word that was used to opress them for generations, then I'm not sure it's anyone elses business to tell them they can't. I understand the 'everyone can say it, or nobody can' mindset, it does make sense at first but my way of looking at what it is, there's things I'd say about family members when they've annoyed which if anyone else said I'd lose the plot. We all have things we can say but others can't!

2) If you've checked out the lyrics then you should have seen that the lyrics you're quoting are from the guest verse by Skepta. Maybe I'm being pedantic, but it's not fair to claim K&K said something when they didn't actually say. I can get people sneering at lyrics handpicked to make them look bad (despite some genuinely brilliant lyrics in the discography). I also think any muscian making a political point is a good thing. People can't both be annoyed that they only rap about women and other sterotypes but then ignore a lot of their storytelling tracks and moan when they say anything political!

1) As I said as a general rule I don’t support censorship/prohibition. If this music is what people want to hear, fine. If kids like K&K make a good living too, happy days.

1.5) I don’t buy it, it’s way too convenient an argument. To the vast majority “nigga” in any derivation will be deeply offensive, due to its baggage. As we are all too aware that baggage is being opened today by every establishment going, including the FA, so it’s inconceivable really that K&K are fronting the England team anthem.

It’s equally inconceivable that K&K can talk earnestly about racism when they use that term so heavily in their music. That is not to mention the strident sexism etc. which is equally an area that the FA are keen to paint themselves as saintly in. I have to say I was surprised just how “offensive” some of their music is, and how mainstream they are. I know that may seem like a stereotypical grandad moan, however given the puritanical times we live in, with race, gender equality etc. their music certainly pushes against the grain.

Frankly, black British people need to make the call on whether it’s offensive or not and we can abide by that conclusion otherwise we get into an unholy mess about its offensiveness. Future young cricketers livelihoods may well depend on it.

2) yeah you are, but like I say I am not for censorship, if K&K want to call Brexit supporters niggas they can knock themselves out as long as I can call Remainers out as niggas. Nothing wrong with that surely?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1) Yeah, my bad. But the problem which most people don't realise is that drill is being censored. Quite severely, too. Not only is it almost entirely whitewashed from mainstream radio (We're taking about 35m+ views on some songs that never seen any radio play because of the genre) but the Met police also pressure Youtube in to deleteing tracks that they feel incite violence. As (probably) the NSC expert on UK Hip-Hop it's a weird situation. You have young men talking about a life where they end up in gangs where they make money from drug dealing and general gang related crime so the police delete it. It's such a backwards mindset. "You're talking about stabbings, which could give you a way out of that kind of lifestyle, so we're going to block you from exploting this talent because we're worried it incites violence... and now you're back to needing to make money through violence." It's entirely backwards.

1.5) If black people want to reclaim a word that was used to opress them for generations, then I'm not sure it's anyone elses business to tell them they can't. I understand the 'everyone can say it, or nobody can' mindset, it does make sense at first but my way of looking at what it is, there's things I'd say about family members when they've annoyed which if anyone else said I'd lose the plot. We all have things we can say but others can't!

People can't both be annoyed that they only rap about women and other sterotypes but then ignore a lot of their storytelling tracks and moan when they say anything political!

On point 1. I’d really prefer these folk in prison rather than singing the England Team official song if they are the kind of people to deal drugs or harm people. There is no excuse for that, be it having talent, being from an ethnic minority or poverty. Drug dealers are 99% nasty ****s from my experience. The best they can do in life is reform then teach others from their backgrounds not to make similar mistakes to them; I have no interest in hearing about their sordid, violent, misogynistic, materialistic and immoral stories.

You make a great case for the reclamation of the N word by the black community for their exclusive use. Many on here will never understand the difference between equity and equality and simply don’t have the empathy with other communities that are not as privileged as theirs to understand this point. However, I really don’t like listening to a song with the N word in it; that’s my problem not the artists. I will always switch the track if I hear these lyrics because I find it offensive, it reminds me of the thousands and thousands of white people who have oppressed black people using that term, I don’t listen to music in order to have to deal with that and I don’t know how other white people can?

Finally, there is no excuse for the sexist lyrics and videos in rap music. I find them as offensive as I find racist gammon rattling on about ‘all lives matter’ or whatever troupe they’ve found to avoid the topic of structural racism in this country and abroad. Again, when I hear lyrics like ‘bitches & hoes’ I switch off. Sadly, it’s black women who are largely the victims of this misogyny hiding behind culture.

There are some great insights on this wiki place about misogyny in rap.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny_in_rap_music

Luckily, more than 63% of the genre is available for me to listen to, let’s both hope that the figure goes up in future.
“Content analyses have found that approximately 22% to 37% of rap lyrics contain some misogyny, depending on subgenre.”

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone know when this track is out?? I really want to purchase it, would love to hear it get a good airing after we've walloped the Jocko's on Friday night with 20,000 England fans singing along.

:clap:

SAC

May 21, 2014
We will be on our way home, so to speak, before the track is released.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone know when this track is out?? I really want to purchase it, would love to hear it get a good airing after we've walloped the Jocko's on Friday night with 20,000 England fans singing along.

:clap:

I don’t think there was a song, I think they just wanted a free England shirt and to meet GSouth. :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Its not exactly being promoted or pushed is it?

Is this because the FA have just done a Google search and found out every other song they've ever written contains the words f**k, bitch or nigga, and they are afraid this story could derail an otherwise smooth media campaign?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
On point 1. I’d really prefer these folk in prison rather than singing the England Team official song if they are the kind of people to deal drugs or harm people. There is no excuse for that, be it having talent, being from an ethnic minority or poverty. Drug dealers are 99% nasty ****s from my experience. The best they can do in life is reform then teach others from their backgrounds not to make similar mistakes to them; I have no interest in hearing about their sordid, violent, misogynistic, materialistic and immoral stories.

You make a great case for the reclamation of the N word by the black community for their exclusive use. Many on here will never understand the difference between equity and equality and simply don’t have the empathy with other communities that are not as privileged as theirs to understand this point. However, I really don’t like listening to a song with the N word in it; that’s my problem not the artists. I will always switch the track if I hear these lyrics because I find it offensive, it reminds me of the thousands and thousands of white people who have oppressed black people using that term, I don’t listen to music in order to have to deal with that and I don’t know how other white people can?

Finally, there is no excuse for the sexist lyrics and videos in rap music. I find them as offensive as I find racist gammon rattling on about ‘all lives matter’ or whatever troupe they’ve found to avoid the topic of structural racism in this country and abroad. Again, when I hear lyrics like ‘bitches & hoes’ I switch off. Sadly, it’s black women who are largely the victims of this misogyny hiding behind culture.

There are some great insights on this wiki place about misogyny in rap.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny_in_rap_music

Luckily, more than 63% of the genre is available for me to listen to, let’s both hope that the figure goes up in future.
“Content analyses have found that approximately 22% to 37% of rap lyrics contain some misogyny, depending on subgenre.”

Can’t we have a modernised version of sweet Caroline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Is this because the FA have just done a Google search and found out every other song they've ever written contains the words f**k, bitch or nigga, and they are afraid this story could derail an otherwise smooth media campaign?

You could have a point but there is something funny going on. Have they made a track of have they just made a documentary about making a track?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Its not exactly being promoted or pushed is it?

It's hard to imagine why...

Lineker: Well, another great result for England there. Thoughts Alan?
Shearer: Fully agree Gary. And isn't it great to hear the fans singing Big Titty Girl, Where Your Arse At? as the teams leave the pitch.
Lineker: Quite so.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I don't know why but my memory has made a note that the song will be released Friday before the Scotland game.
I think I heard someone say that on the telly and the date stuck in my mind.
I'm expecting it Friday anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know why but my memory has made a note that the song will be released Friday before the Scotland game.
I think I heard someone say that on the telly and the date stuck in my mind.
I'm expecting it Friday anyway.

Who releases their official song on the date of the second group game?!? Previous official song release dates:

World In Motion released 21 May 90 - WC90 kicked off 08 Jun.
Three Lions released 20 May 96 - Euro 96 kicked off 08 Jun 96.
We're On The Ball 27 May 02 - WC02 kicked off 31 May 02.

Even the unofficial Vindaloo by Fat Les was released 08 Jun 98 - WC98 kicked off 10 Jun 98.

I think there is a conspiracy going on here. The FA know they've f*cked up and are hoping this goes away, while no media outlet wants to break such a big negative story that could only cause a shitstorm and could affect the England team.

I'm surprised the Daily Record aren't all over this. For me, this is a far bigger story than Ollie Robinson and England imploded after that broke.

Last edited:

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Who releases their official song on the date of the second group game?!? Previous official song release dates:

World In Motion released 21 May 90 - WC90 kicked off 08 Jun.
Three Lions released 20 May 96 - Euro 96 kicked off 08 Jun 96.
We're On The Ball 27 May 02 - WC02 kicked off 31 May 02.

Even the unofficial Vindaloo by Fat Les was released 08 Jun 98 - WC98 kicked off 10 Jun 98.

I think there is a conspiracy going on here. The FA know they've f*cked up and are hoping this goes away, while no media outlet wants to break such a big negative story that could only cause a shitstorm and could affect the England team.

I'm surprised the Daily Record aren't all over this. For me, this is a far bigger story than Ollie Robinson and England imploded after that broke.

Yes I agree it does seem strange.
But I'm sure I heard a either a commentator mention it during a match or possibly a sports reporter during a report,that the song would be released the Friday of the England Vs Scotland game.

My brain has definitely made a note of the date and told me to expect the song then.
But this also adds more questions about if it is Friday then why are they not advertising this more?
Even the radio times don't seem to know which is very peculiar.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Big titty girl"

Der der der

"Tight pussies, from the hood"

The hood, The hood.

Hands
Touching hands
Reaching out
Touching me
Touching yo ass
Sweeeet Caroline
Dat bitches ass it feel so good.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Rapping and most MC'ing is fast. GOSBTS & God Save The Queen can't be sung in time at matches, we can manage Three Lions. Disregarding their previous history of offensive lyrics, what hope is there that we're all going to be able to keep up & sing along with a rap song? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here