Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Krept and Konan - official England track

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No.

For this reason ^

Especially as from the examples Pavillonaire himself has given in this very thread suggest that anything even slightly related to sex is now ‘sexist’

The funniest thing is most rappers (and K&K are a brilliant example of this) are a lot more lyrical and fall in to the usual tropes a lot less often on their album tracks.The problem is they know sex sells and a throwaway track about having sex with a girl who has a fat arse is going to do a lot better on the radio and in nightclubs than a track about their personal hardships and struggle.

Damn those horrible sexist rappers :blush:
Dunno

Remember the outcry when robin thicke said 'i know you want it' on blurred lines. That pretty much ruined his career !!! Farrrr worse stuff said in hip hop.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Dunno

Remember the outcry when robin thicke said 'i know you want it' on blurred lines. That pretty much ruined his career !!! Farrrr worse stuff said in hip hop.

Or the outcry over that Beatles song where John Lennon threatens to kill his girlfriend.

Oh wait, nobody cares about it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Especially as from the examples Pavillonaire himself has given in this very thread suggest that anything even slightly related to sex is now ‘sexist’

The funniest thing is most rappers (and K&K are a brilliant example of this) are a lot more lyrical and fall in to the usual tropes a lot less often on their album tracks.The problem is they know sex sells and a throwaway track about having sex with a girl who has a fat arse is going to do a lot better on the radio and in nightclubs than a track about their personal hardships and struggle.

Damn those horrible sexist rappers :blush:

Chuck Berry referring to 'My Ding-a-Ling' is what I consider to be "slightly related to sex". K&K's lyrics "If she ain't ****ing, she got to go, Tell her 'don't waste my time" is undoubtably both about sex and sexist, i.e. characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

The point is K&K can say what they want to their fans, but the English FA and their partners have a responsibility to be family-friendly, non-racist, non-sexist and non-prejudiced. You think the FA knew all about their lyrics beforehand? I fancy the management never had a clue. If they did then they should be sacked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dunno why this thread has got sidetracked into who can/can't "legitimately" bandy the N-word around. The fact that the FA commissioned these two herberts to do the official England song for Euro 2020 is roughly akin to hiring Jimmy Savile to do a turn at your kids birthday party. It was never going to end well, and I'd envisage someone at FA HQ is having their arse fed through the shredder for not bothering to look into who they were actually hiring for this shambles.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Most modern pop is absolute filth in terms of the lyrics and videos. I know this as I have to screen songs requested by students. Enough to make the Marquis de Sade blush in some cases.

well ding fecking dong ....finally its out there .....wasn't the grammy award a doozie...??

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Chuck Berry referring to 'My Ding-a-Ling' is what I consider to be "slightly related to sex". K&K's lyrics "If she ain't ****ing, she got to go, Tell her 'don't waste my time" is undoubtably both about sex and sexist, i.e. characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

The point is K&K can say what they want to their fans, but the English FA and their partners have a responsibility to be family-friendly, non-racist, non-sexist and non-prejudiced. You think the FA knew all about their lyrics beforehand? I fancy the management never had a clue. If they did then they should be sacked.

Is only wanting sex showing prejudice, stereotyping or discrimination then? If so then every single person who has had a one night stand is; by your logic, sexist. Maybe if they’d said “if she ain’t f*cking she’s got to go, but if he ain’t f*cking then we can play hide & seek and have a cuddle afterwards” then it would be, but sadly they didn’t. I’m not denying there are sexist lyrics in their music, I’m merely pointing out that you’re stretching so much that you’ve got an outside shot at a gold in gymnastics at the olympics.

As for your second point, I’d agree if the official England EURO song is released and they’re saying Sterling is their n*gga and Alex Scott has a big bhunda. When the song comes out and it’s suitable for people of all ages then at that point their jobs done. If someone then goes and discovers their back catalogue and is offended then so what? We don’t worry that Tom Hardy reads bedtime stories on CBeebies because he once played bad people in films. It’s stupid nonsense logic.

I’ll say it again, Krept & Konan haven’t released a song or album since 2019. They aren’t the hot in thing that the FA have grabbed randomly, so I’d assume they have some knowledge of them, and they’ve been presenting a show on BBC for the last couple of years without Superdry Brigade getting upset so they probably didn’t see this absolute pant-wetting coming.

If they were going to just grab them with little to no research then I suggest it would have happened with one of their cousins was in the England squad back in 2016.

Dunno

The controversy over Blurred lines is because “I know you want it, I hate those blurred lines” is quite obviously a touch rapey. Couple that with the fact Robin Thickes wife filed for divorce around the same time because he was allegedly physically abusing her and I think the controversy is pretty understandable. But you can lie and say tell people it’s because he said ‘I know you want it’ if you want.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It is a surprising thing for the usually conservative FA to have involved itself with, and an unsurprising blunder that an organisation trying to get itself a bit of street cred has, once again, not done its research properly and considered whether the association and the artist are a good fit. A few years ago the PFA hired Reg Hunter for a dinner and subsequently criticised him for his use of the 'N' word in his act. Had anyone watched his act before they booked him, they could have considered whether the organisation would have the confidence to accept his artistic choices and then decided whether or not to book him in advance, instead of hanging him out to dry when the media flak started to fly.

I'd never heard of Krept & Konan. My kids had, and when I asked them about the misogyny, they shrugged and said that its a general issue with grime. I presume that, before the record's release, someone in the FA finally got around to asking their own teenagers and then moved quickly to brush everything under the carpet and hope it went away.

Its just a shame that nobody involved with the 1966 World Cup asked their teens before signing up to Lonnie Donnegan's disgusting 'World Cup Willy'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’d also argue that using a song that’s a decade old is probably not the best move. There’s plenty of more recent examples you can go for that would make your point much more relevant, even if it’s still stupid.

The whole point is most people won't have a clue who these two blokes are, and if - as I did - you Google 'Krept and Konan biggest hit' then top of page 1 is 'Freak of The Week' and 'Don't Waste My Time', so if you choose to have a listen and were expecting the FA to have hired Chaka Demus & Pliers or Reggie 'n' Bollie you might get a nasty surprise.

I disagree with your views, but I will commend you for coining 'Superdry Brigade' for describing middle-aged dads like me, as that is quite funny. I will use that.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's quite superb.

Ole, ole!!

:clap:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can we have sweet Caroline now?...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point.

Unfortunately, I can’t influence the FA. What I can say is that this is now the “walk on” music for the Bear Pit. If you post in there and don’t hear the start of the chorus then what it means is that you’ve been classified as a massive bellend and you should seek some help from a local shrink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
A song written by a 28 year old about an 11 year old? Not sure that’s the sort of the image we should be seen to be supporting :wink:

Indeed, a song written by Diamond for the daughter of John F Kennedy. A sad reflection of the times we find ourselves in, that some find this sinister. Although later Diamond claimed the song was written for his wife, Marcia, but he needed a 3 syllable name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is only wanting sex showing prejudice, stereotyping or discrimination then? If so then every single person who has had a one night stand is; by your logic, sexist. Maybe if they’d said “if she ain’t f*cking she’s got to go, but if he ain’t f*cking then we can play hide & seek and have a cuddle afterwards” then it would be, but sadly they didn’t. I’m not denying there are sexist lyrics in their music, I’m merely pointing out that you’re stretching so much that you’ve got an outside shot at a gold in gymnastics at the olympics.

As for your second point, I’d agree if the official England EURO song is released and they’re saying Sterling is their n*gga and Alex Scott has a big bhunda. When the song comes out and it’s suitable for people of all ages then at that point their jobs done. If someone then goes and discovers their back catalogue and is offended then so what? We don’t worry that Tom Hardy reads bedtime stories on CBeebies because he once played bad people in films. It’s stupid nonsense logic.

I’ll say it again, Krept & Konan haven’t released a song or album since 2019. They aren’t the hot in thing that the FA have grabbed randomly, so I’d assume they have some knowledge of them, and they’ve been presenting a show on BBC for the last couple of years without Superdry Brigade getting upset so they probably didn’t see this absolute pant-wetting coming.

If they were going to just grab them with little to no research then I suggest it would have happened with one of their cousins was in the England squad back in 2016.

The controversy over Blurred lines is because “I know you want it, I hate those blurred lines” is quite obviously a touch rapey. Couple that with the fact Robin Thickes wife filed for divorce around the same time because he was allegedly physically abusing her and I think the controversy is pretty understandable. But you can lie and say tell people it’s because he said ‘I know you want it’ if you want.
Ok whatever you're splitting hairs , whether it's I know you want it Vs blurred lines Vs whatever .... Yes it's a touch 'rapey' ....Pharrell was even on the same song and got away Scott free.

Do you actually listen to hip hop !! I could find you a 100 worse lyrics within minutes.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know you're retired but there are probably better things to do with your time than searching up "Moderating Decisions" for ones we might have "missed" (i.e. CBA to post).

That golf won't play itself.

Fairy muff, but GOLF ?:eek:

It's still football twice a week (even if it takes half a scaffolders truck round my knees).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here