Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Krept and Konan - official England track

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never heard of them? Their biggest hit is 'Freak Of The Week'. Some of the lyrics include:

She is the freak of the week, now everybody
See, she is the freak of the week
(Mustard on the beat hoe)
Last night I had two bitches
Vegas where it's always getting real
Something sexy 'bout them pretty keep it hood bitches

Step, step, step to the party like an OG
Party jumping, neighbours can't go sleep
Now the neighbours tryna call the police
**** the feds

Came with that nigga? No, no
You should be my bitch

Big batty girl, come whine on it
Big titty girl, where your arse at?
She can't believe that I asked that
You should be my bitch

Here's none other than Eniola Aluko on them getting the official song gig: “A reflection of where we are now in terms of the multicultural, diverse feeling within England … full representation,” Aluko says, highlighting that Krept and Konan are the ones making the song. “Once upon a time that would not have happened,” she claps.

So we have the FA endorsing a music act who use use sexist lyrics and unacceptable racist language, while at the same time the ECB have hung Ollie Robinson out to dry over some pissed-up teenage nonsense from 8-9 years ago.

I'm sorry but this is all f*cked up.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"...instead of the traditional cheesy sing-along, featuring a former soap actor or long-retired left-back, Krept and Konan are going to create an anthem for our times: representing the modern diversity and forward-looking culture in which our chart-topping rap stars and the young stars of the England team are cut from the same cloth."

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
"...instead of the traditional cheesy sing-along, featuring a former soap actor or long-retired left-back, Krept and Konan are going to create an anthem for our times: representing the modern diversity and forward-looking culture in which our chart-topping rap stars and the young stars of the England team are cut from the same cloth."

on that basis alone, its going to be pony isn't it!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A previous offering, 'Wo Wo Wo', from SPOTY 2017.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
clicked the link , turned out to be more BLM preaching and Tyronne Mings popped up also.

For that reason

I'm out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It should get some airplay on Kurupt FM.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never heard of them? Their biggest hit is 'Freak Of The Week'. Some of the lyrics include:

**** the feds

You should be my bitch

You should be my bitch

Here's none other than Eniola Aluko on them getting the official song gig: “A reflection of where we are now in terms of the multicultural, diverse feeling within England … full representation,” Aluko says, highlighting that Krept and Konan are the ones making the song. “Once upon a time that would not have happened,” she claps.

So we have the FA endorsing a music act who use use sexist lyrics and unacceptable racist language, while at the same time the ECB have hung Ollie Robinson out to dry over some pissed-up teenage nonsense from 8-9 years ago.

Do they check someone's song lyric history before they get called up for England ? :ffsparr:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nul Points in Eurovision
Nul points for Euros Football Songs - Probably a minus total if negative scoring was allowed.

Hopefully the football team will perform better, but to say that this song represents England today, then I must just be a grumpy old man stuck in the days when our nation was saved this embarrassment by not qualifying for major finals.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

**** the feds

You should be my bitch

You should be my bitch

The lyrics are sexist, I don’t like them. However, the term ‘nigga’ has been reclaimed by the black community, just like ‘queer’ has by the LGBTQ+ community. I imagine you have no comprehension of why black people can say ‘nigga’ and white people can’t so I’ll leave that there but the sexist lyrics are vile and you are right to point that out. I would imagine that the artists would say they were ‘singing in character’ though rather than attribute that sort of language to their usual lexicon, still, it’s incredibly disrespectful to refer to women in the way they are in your quoted lyrics.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fiver says it gets beaten down by Three Lions in every metric over the next 2-4 weeks

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hugo Rune, are you saying it is alright for black artists to use the word 'nigga' in their songs? We are talking about England here, and in England nigga is regarded by the vast majority of the population as a racist word.

The bottom line is it is completely untenable for Southgate and his men to be taking the knee against racism whilst at the same time endorsing this rap duo who have a decade-long-history of using racist (and sexist) language in their lyrics.

This is a spectacular own goal by the FA, and it reeks of hypocrisy. Although I disagree with what happened at The Riverside those that booed the taking of the knee now have some moral justification for doing so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So much easier when somebody just wrote a song for the team to sing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here