Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Post a video to get you UP for the Euros

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We are just a few days away from the Euro's. A euro's that will see Brighton players representing Spain, Holland, Belgium, Poland and, of course, England.

Now, I realise some of you are getting on in years and as such are turning into old curmudgeons but I think, no, I KNOW that there's still some embers of passion and love for England (or Scotland, or whatever other country you support) and a major international football tournament. It is to fan those embers into roaring flames that this thread has been made.

Post a video of a moment, any team, any year that encapsulates what is beautiful and great about the tournament.

I'll start with a classic match in honour of our impending match against our cousins over the border, reliving the last time we met at the Euros and the last time they graced the tournament...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not Welsh in any way but I absolutely loved their run to the semi-final back in 2016. After watching England helplessly flailing around at this tournament (and the inherent misery which seemed to pervade every England squad prior to 2018) it was great just to see what felt like a bunch of lads having an amazing summer together.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was in a hotel in France when this game was played. The hotel agreed to switch the tv to this game. I was bloody loving it and then this happened :down:

I am hoping I can get as excited about England as I was back then…..and regardless of the result this is the sort of goal I love about football. Wouldn’t have happened with the Albion back three :wink:

https://youtu.be/A8pwGsoBPBI

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
We are just a few days away from the Euro's. A euro's that will see Brighton players representing Spain, Holland, Belgium, Poland and, of course, England.

Now, I realise some of you are getting on in years and as such are turning into old curmudgeons but I think, no, I KNOW that there's still some embers of passion and love for England (or Scotland, or whatever other country you support) and a major international football tournament. It is to fan those embers into roaring flames that this thread has been made.

Post a video of a moment, any team, any year that encapsulates what is beautiful and great about the tournament.

I'll start with a classic match in honour of our impending match against our cousins over the border, reliving the last time we met at the Euros and the last time they graced the tournament...

It's Gazza's goal (1m40 - 2m on that video) that sums up Euro '96 for me. I was 18, pissed and wheeling around my mate's back garden having all piled out of the french doors, aiming general obscenities at anyone Scottish that may have been listening (i.e. nobody). :lolol:

Good thread - I have been feeling distinctly MEH about the Euros, but with Mr White in the squad and it getting closer, I can feel my mojo stirring :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite having absolutely NOTHING to do with the Euros this legend popped up on my Twitter feed and needed to come over here:-

[tweet]1402939735983726594[/tweet]

If only for the fact it's the gateway drug to this:-

Which has less than nothing to do with the Euros and I really don't care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here