Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dear England - by Gareth Southgate

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Fantastic piece. I have to say that although I don't always agree with his selections, I do have a lot of time with him as a man. He has the quiet, thoughtful, calm and introspective approach that Potter has. God only knows how that oaf Allardyce would have dealt with this.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Southgate gets a lot of stick from some quarters (poor tactician, too conservative and safe, doesn't see how useless Mings is etc etc) but I like the fact that a decent guy is in charge. International management is overrated anyway, it's even more about the players at this level.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I don't believe for one second that he wrote that. But congratulations to the marketing think tank and writer(s) who created it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wonder who wrote it

Southgate is very articulate. Those will be his words.

Run by through Media Towers, of course.

If I was England manager I wouldn't allow anyone else to write for me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Decent effort, but a lack of information on bottle tops and where they sit in this historic legacy that football creates

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top human is something he always comes across as. Thanks Gareth, the real fans are behind you and the team as ever :clap2:

Also worth noting, I don’t personally agree with all his selections, but I doubt anyone will ever with any manager. Nothing will change now. Stop making scapegoats before a ball has been kicked that you can come back on and support the team!

And if you’re not supporting the team or watching for some odd reason then kindly piss off these threads and go and garden or something :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watching England is miles better with Southgate as manager recently

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The guy’s a twonk for certain things but the tone and language in that piece are excellent. I don’t ultimately buy into all of the player’s knowing their responsibilities to the country etc but it’s a nice read of what he believes it means to pull on the short.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
An excellent call to arms. I'm guessing it was addressed to the players as much as anyone else. A point of order though - it's not just the kids who have their wall charts. T minus 3 days to kick-off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice dig at the poor old Blades :lol:

Only around 1,200 players have represented England at senior men’s level. Ever. It’s a profound privilege. Don’t forget, many of our lads started out at Football League clubs like Barnsley, MK Dons and Sheffield United.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I still don't like the waistcoats though.

The guy’s a twonk for certain things but the tone and language in that piece are excellent. I don’t ultimately buy into all of the player’s knowing their responsibilities to the country etc but it’s a nice read of what he believes it means to pull on the short.

Hes an FA puppet who conforms to type.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Thanks for sharing this. Whilst like everyone here I’d like to see a few more Brighton players in the England central defence, I do think Southgate is an intelligent and thoughtful man. This message does him a lot of credit

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Southgate is very articulate. Those will be his words.

Run by through Media Towers, of course.

If I was England manager I wouldn't allow anyone else to write for me.

Neither would I, and I'm sure he did write some if not most of it.

I'd get some help with spelin and punkchality 4 shore

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He is absolutely right about players creating unforgettable moments, like when his penalty rolled tamely into the hands of Germany's keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here