Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Out of interest how many players scored over 20 goals last season?

Just two. Kane and Salah.

I’ve said it elsewhere - the “20 goals a season” line is a Championship hangover.

In the PL, anything above 15 is outstanding, and people really need to stop slapping the “20 goal striker” tag on what we need.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s quite nice that established teams want our players and manager, shows we must be doing something right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thinking back though, GP is very much a family man and before committing to us, he was concerned about uprooting his children.

Also, I'm not sure he'll get the same unreserved backing and behind the scenes support anywhere else.

I'm sure [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] would have a better 'feel' for the situation than myself, but GP does seem to be the loyal type...... so not worried too much.

I wonder how [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] would enjoy being an Everton fan and changing forums

Unless he personally knows GP he really doesn’t have any more insight to GP’s intentions than any of us :shrug:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm not Swansman, but there was definitely a lot of interest for Potter during his time in Östersund (even before the Europa League adventure), but it was sort of an open secret that leaving was never an option since he promised his son he would get to finish up his upper secondary education with his mates in town.

Well, that's just one example, but from interviews and just seeing him around town with his family there's no doubt he'd move heavens and earth for his kids, and I do believe the decision to uproot them again after such a short time in Swansea wasn't an easy one, as he's repeatedly pointed out.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he'd leave Brighton this summer. Or the next.

Agree,
Money isn’t necessarily his primary driver which makes a pleasant change. I understand that the Potters have just bought a new house in Hove too. Tony may just try and tie him down to a longer contract though with a higher remuneration package.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Nuno looks to be going to Everton. Can't see Potter going anywhere this summer (except on his summer holidays).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wonder how [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] would enjoy being an Everton fan and changing forums

Unless he personally knows GP he really doesn’t have any more insight to GP’s intentions than any of us :shrug:

My assumption rightly or wrongly, is that primarily they are a Potter fan, so having followed his career, might have a better ‘feel’.
You’re just a mere fan-boy, who supports Brighton and Spurs [emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thinking back though, GP is very much a family man and before committing to us, he was concerned about uprooting his children.

Also, I'm not sure he'll get the same unreserved backing and behind the scenes support anywhere else.

I'm sure [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] would have a better 'feel' for the situation than myself, but GP does seem to be the loyal type...... so not worried too much.

I'm not Swansman, but there was definitely a lot of interest for Potter during his time in Östersund (even before the Europa League adventure), but it was sort of an open secret that leaving was never an option since he promised his son he would get to finish up his upper secondary education with his mates in town.

Well, that's just one example, but from interviews and just seeing him around town with his family there's no doubt he'd move heavens and earth for his kids, and I do believe the decision to uproot them again after such a short time in Swansea wasn't an easy one, as he's repeatedly pointed out.

And add to that those kids lost both their grandmother and grandfather over the last year, so I don't know what kind of offer would be needed for Potter to tell them to start packing boxes again for a new city. I really don't think an Everton move would do the trick.

Tjena.

For the reasons you mentioned, he wont leave. I guess there is a world where if he ten-doubles his wage he would move but I dont think they would give him £12m a year.

I dunno. It would be much preferable to Spurs though, Everton is a likeable club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just two. Kane and Salah.

I’ve said it elsewhere - the “20 goals a season” line is a Championship hangover.

In the PL, anything above 15 is outstanding, and people really need to stop slapping the “20 goal striker” tag on what we need.

Wasn’t when I was growing up, with multiple players passing 20…. Even some midfielders like John Wark……

Am getting on though [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Nuno is about to sign with Palace.....

I guess there was no room for Big Dunc among coaching staff if Nuno came in, otherwse that's strange move for Everton to turn him down. I don't think anyone wanted to tell Big Dunc he has to go! :lolol:

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Madness. I may think Potter has potential but why would a big club want him when his only achievement based on results is to avoid relegation from PL

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

And add to that those kids lost both their grandmother and grandfather over the last year, so I don't know what kind of offer would be needed for Potter to tell them to start packing boxes again for a new city. I really don't think an Everton move would do the trick.

[emoji106] Informed and reassuring. Please post more.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think Everton are just as likely to give the job to Duncan Ferguson than our GP, and one of them wouldnt cost Everton compensation.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I'd be gobsmacked if he left at this stage. Far too risky, there was too much shit going on last season for a bigger club than ours to take a punt on him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ancelotti was on £11.5m, Porter earns £1m. According to various websites.

How long before another Albion contract for Porter?

I have a feeling Tony will be fully aware other clubs are starting to notice. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a new deal being negotiated already.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The one job which I’m sure he would seriously contemplate is the England one. He’d be a good fit too and wouldn’t have to move to do.
Come on England, let’s win the Euros with that great waist coated manager in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here