Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Everton fans do seem to be behind the idea of getting Potter. Much like the same comments when Spurs were linked.

Lots of nice comments on our players and the way we play. We’re definitely not under the radar now.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why would he go to Everton?

We will be past them in two seasons if he sticks with us.

Trusting Bloom to back him with some cash.

D

Deleted member 2719

Everton fans do seem to be behind the idea of getting Potter. Much like the same comments when Spurs were linked.

Lots of nice comments on our players and the way we play. We’re definitely not under the radar now.

We did try telling some of the Potter out lads, but would they listen???

Potentially our best manager ever IMO.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I don’t like it, not one bit.

I think he’s gone.

giphy.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Things that may help you stop feeling sick:

1 Get plenty of fresh air.

2 Distract yourself – for example, listen to music or watch a film.

3 Take regular sips of a cold drink.

4 Drink ginger or peppermint tea.

5 Eat foods containing ginger – such as ginger biscuits.

6 Eat smaller, more frequent meals.

:lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is potters agent shopping him around ? Seems odd that he's so readily linked with every job.

Would be gut wrenching if we lose him and bloody palace get Nuno.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Pure speculation. When Potter came to Brighton it was for the long term. Family is settled here, kids at school etc. He's not the sort of guy to commute to a job like Jose M. Also, importantly we've given a hands off message, we have a long term contract with him which would mean a big compensation package for us, and we've stated that we wouldn't sack him even if we are relegated.
No certainty of course, but we hold the cards, not Everton.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Is potters agent shopping him around ? Seems odd that he's so readily linked with every job.

Would be gut wrenching if we lose him and bloody palace get Nuno.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Managers are different to players in that sense as for every position a shortlist appears, presumably by bookies with sources close to the hiring club and reflects a pool of people they’re interested in.

Players moving or seeking a move dont then leave behind a similar pool based replacement approach so the agent’s sense an opportunity to strike up supposed interest from say Liverpool, when actually they’re targeting a move to a slightly lower club but for a higher fee or alternatively a better contract at their existing club.

I don’t think manager’s agents tout in a similar fashion.

I can see why Everton would LOVE GP - give him a project with a timeline to match stadium completion and be challenging for Europe or honours and throw shit loads of cash at him to achieve it. Whilst that might look appealing I suspect and hope that he has similar ambitions with us minus the cash. Expect what is most likely at the end of the summer is a new contract for GP with us and further assurances from TB of our ambitions and how he can achieve them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is going nowhere. End of thread and stupid rumours

Months of this shit about players and manager going to go yet.

If Ben White plays and puts in a MOTM performance, NSC meltdown guaranteed, I might even join in :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Everton is a harder job than people realise. In terms of a rebuild it may be second only to the Palace job, but at least there they have 17 out of contract they can ship out for nothing. Everton have a lot under contract on huge salaries with declining resale values that will be hard to shift in a cash-strapped, Covid-affected market.

It will be hard for the new manager to exceed the 10th place Ancelotti achieved. At a push they might overtake Leeds and West Ham but will probably be leapfrogged by Villa if Grealish stays.

I genuinely think Everton is the best managerial job in the Premier League. They have comfortably the highest budget in the league of any club that DOESN'T come with huge expectations.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Can't see any team with top 6 aspirations going for him yet, let's not forget we only just scraped relegation and failed miserably in beating most of the relegation candidates around us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor Says No.

( to a very specific tweet about Potter being in negotiations for the job ).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You would hope so! Though I think they would have short memories given their appointment of Marco Silva, who had similar characteristics to Potter, and how that ended.

They also appointed Allardyce and the ultra-pragmatic Ancelotti with similar poor results... and they are going to have to appoint someone regardless of "short memories".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Everton fans usually strike me as being pretty good and knowledgeable about stuff. I assume it's because most of the tosser element of the city ends up on the red team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here