Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
How long will Albion be able to keep hold of him?

Increasingly linked with Everton now...makes me feel a bit nauseous. I need to stop reading the rumour pages.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Things that may help you stop feeling sick:

1 Get plenty of fresh air.

2 Distract yourself – for example, listen to music or watch a film.

3 Take regular sips of a cold drink.

4 Drink ginger or peppermint tea.

5 Eat foods containing ginger – such as ginger biscuits.

6 Eat smaller, more frequent meals.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he moves on, he moves on. I would trust the club to have a back-up plan in case he does get poached to continue the current plan.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Things that may help you stop feeling sick:

1 Get plenty of fresh air.

2 Distract yourself – for example, listen to music or watch a film.

3 Take regular sips of a cold drink.

4 Drink ginger or peppermint tea.

5 Eat foods containing ginger – such as ginger biscuits.

6 Eat smaller, more frequent meals.

7. Don't read bullshit tabloids.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How long will Albion be able to keep hold of him?

Increasingly linked with Everton now...makes me feel a bit nauseous. I need to stop reading the rumour pages.

No idea how long but he will be coaching Brighton next season as well.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Managers come and go. We're not reliant on having a good manager because the squad is built with their input, but also with a longer term focus than just one person. If he leaves, he'll be replaced and I don't think we'd be much weaker for it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I reckon we could quite easily convince him to stay against mid-table sides like Everton.

I was genuinely bit concerned that Spurs would want him - he would surely go to any of the top 6 - but it turns out they don't want him.

Reckon he'll be here for a while yet.

Everton will be a good 'project' plenty of money, new ground being built... Huge club..

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He's going nowhere this summer. Now NEXT summer, when he guides us to European football with our new striker and offensive options, with Lamptey retiring several wingers and Sanchez having taken up knitting because he has nothing to do at the back, he'll definitely be off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is always the guy who got promotion with Union SG - Felice Mazzù - who seems to be doing a pretty good extended job interview for the vacancy if it comes up.

But I'd be astounded if Potter left this summer.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
He's going nowhere this summer. Now NEXT summer, when he guides us to European football with our new striker and offensive options, with Lamptey retiring several wingers and Sanchez having taken up knitting because he has nothing to do at the back, he'll definitely be off.

He'll be off to manage England in their run up to the next World Cup after Southgate's abysmal Euro 2020(1) performance. :smokin:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Daily Mail reporting Dyche set to sign new contract at Burnley, while Celtic have reached agreement with Postocoglou, Nuno likely to join Palace, Spurs still chasing Ten Hag.

That leaves Eddie Howe and Frank Lampard out of work. Potter seems a better option than both of them. Hmm...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The way we play is very high risk and enjoyable to watch mostly whatever the score was I can only think of twice we didn't turn up .

Potters game is based on total trust between the players of what they're trying to do .

The way Potter has changed the clubs playing philosophy is incredible in the time he's been in charge .

The one thing that's hindered him and us as supporters is the chance conversion rate which is I think the 2nd worst in the league , then look at the chances created and we're 4th ! Mental .

So everyone on the planet now knows how good Potter is at getting a team to play his way , the jigsaw is obviously missing a vital piece and I can only assume the club will try and find that elusive 20plus goals a season striker , because in simple terms if we had that last season we would be easily in the top 8 ! .

At the moment we're a perfect fit for Potter , I would be gutted if he moved on , love the football we're playing .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The way we play is very high risk and enjoyable to watch mostly whatever the score was I can only think of twice we didn't turn up .

Potters game is based on total trust between the players of what they're trying to do .

The way Potter has changed the clubs playing philosophy is incredible in the time he's been in charge .

The one thing that's hindered him and us as supporters is the chance conversion rate which is I think the 2nd worst in the league , then look at the chances created and we're 4th ! Mental .

So everyone on the planet now knows how good Potter is at getting a team to play his way , the jigsaw is obviously missing a vital piece and I can only assume the club will try and find that elusive 20plus goals a season striker , because in simple terms if we had that last season we would be easily in the top 8 ! .

At the moment we're a perfect fit for Potter , I would be gutted if he moved on , love the football we're playing .

There's maybe ten of them in the world so thats going to be a struggle...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here