Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #TeamsLikeBrighton (2020/21 edition)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know exactly what you mean, but in some ways it makes it even more enjoyable, when a team like little old Brighton, gives one of the top 6 as smack by beating them!

Brings back many great memories of the Withdean, when just because we were playing in a crap little stadium with very few fans, and next to no atmosphere, everyone thought we would be a pushover, yet so often we proved them wrong.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nothing wrong with people taking the piss out of the phrase itself when it's used unironically by other fans, but to me it feels ever-so-slightly tinpot for the official club comms to put out stuff like this. Though I appreciate that, being the wrong side of 40, I am a dinosaur who is utterly out of touch.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nothing wrong with people taking the piss out of the phrase itself when it's used unironically by other fans, but to me it feels ever-so-slightly tinpot for the official club comms to put out stuff like this. Though I appreciate that, being the wrong side of 40, I am a dinosaur who is utterly out of touch.

I'm not sure what's 'tinpot' about it – I quite like the way the club has embraced it and used it to good effect.

I'm the wrong side of 40 and I find the phrase hilarious. I use it all the time :albion2:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Maybe next season the plastic top 6 fans will stop saying this arrogant phrase:

[tweet]1401953349772132366[/tweet]

I see it more as ignorance rather than arrogance and quite amusing means it hurts these bellcheeses that bit more.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

If you don't refer to the club's social accounts as "ADMIIIINNN" and "ANNOUNCE AWAY KITTTTTT" then I think you might be right about the dinosaur bit :)

D

Deleted member 2719

I do hope we have not wound up those big boys with deep pockets.

Great clips though.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Haha, I'm childish and that made me chuckle! The tune that goes with it, adds to it! I do hope that NSC has been given a contribution from BHAFC for nicking the idea from the banner hashtag. :laugh:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The thing is I can kind of understand it from the kiddies who support the big 6 clubs. It’s when you see the likes of West Ham, Villa or (dare I say) Leeds using the phrase that I find it properly hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here