Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Time

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Anybody catch this on BBC1 last night ? I’m a big fan of Jimmy McGoverns work , and Sean Bean and Stephen Graham were superb. I thoroughly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Another fan here, although only seen the first episode.
Stephen Graham, Seen the Bean and Jimmy McGovern, what's not to like?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yup, just watched the 3 back to back (ish).

Pretty strong stuff.

Yep, I did Sunday night.
The first two episodes were powerful, but I felt the third lacked errr something, I just started to get a bit bored with it. I’m not sure why, it just was not quite believable, but I guess life is bloody unbelievable at times.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, I did Sunday night.
The first two episodes were powerful, but I felt the third lacked errr something, I just started to get a bit bored with it. I’m not sure why, it just was not quite believable, but I guess life is bloody unbelievable at times.

I thought the same, the third episode certainly lost its edge. Still a good watch though.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Really enjoyed it. Excellent cast and script. Didn't find my attention wandering at all which I often do when watching a lot of telly these days. Did feel like they could have had a 4th episode though to explore what happened to Stephen Graham's character in more detail

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Watched the last episode last night and thought the whole thing was brilliant.

Thankfully I have no experience of prison so have no frame of reference but this seemed to me to be a truthful telling of prison life. It managed to portray that day to day existence is extremely dull with not much happening but at the same time demonstrating the lengths you need to go to to survive prison life.

What it also shows well is the hopelessness of prison the way it is right now and how it's not a place for reform but a place to learn more crime whether it's being a perpetrator or victim.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
. Did feel like they could have had a 4th episode though to explore what happened to Stephen Graham's character in more detail

Excellent as the series was, I'm not sure I could watch that ... feel a bit queasy thinking about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here