Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liz Costa

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Liz Costa wins the Sarah Watts Inspiration award. Fully deserved - an absolutely integral part of the club and a lovely little video to go with it. One of the major reasons we have our club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cantankerous, feisty, and a heart of gold. Always had time for our LIz. Dedicated to the club. Legend.

We never drank on her coaches, and the late night choruses of 'Nellie the Elephant' coming from the back were just choir practice.

When someone starts a thread like this please add 'NOT RIP', they can be a bit heart in mouth.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:facepalm:

Don't do this to me, these thread titles with only a name.

Liz is a massive and integral part of our club, I'll never forget when she was on Radio 5 Live and described when she was physically sick at the homophobic abuse away Leicester fans were directing at us. It started a conversation and look where we are now.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thoroughly deserved. Well done Liz. One of a group who ensured our survival through the war years.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Had the honour of sitting next to her (post a minor op) at Yeovil a few years back.

T'was a pleasure indeed.

Well deserved.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Liz did a huge amount for the club down the years. Thoroughly well-deserved. Pleased to see her role acknowledged and it clearly meant a huge amount to her.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Didn’t know that she was stopping her coach services. What she’s done for the club in the last 25 and more years can’t even be described. Well deserved recipient of the award.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cantankerous, feisty, and a heart of gold. Always had time for our LIz. Dedicated to the club. Legend.

We never drank on her coaches, and the late night choruses of 'Nellie the Elephant' coming from the back were just choir practice.

When someone starts a thread like this please add 'NOT RIP', they can be a bit heart in mouth.

You could equally have been describing Sarah! They were a real double act those two.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a stern ticking off (well deserved) on an away trip as a teenager

a great woman, her passion is there for all to see

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[Tweet]1401622476543737866[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Great video, congratulations Liz.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
She is articulate, determined, emotionally intelligent and Albion through and through. It's heartwarming to know she has won this award.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Just seen the video. Just finished fighting back the tears! Well-deserved accolade for a true legend of the Albion. Younger fans should read "Build A Bonfire" and "We Want Falmer" to truly understand Liz and Sarah's place in the survival and eventual growth of our Club. Our debt to them and to so many others who fought to keep the Club alive can never be properly repaid. Saying "Thank you" with this award is inadequate but demonstrates, I hope, the high regard so many of us have for Liz and her many years of hard work.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Congratulations Liz. So well deserved.

Thank you for all you have contributed to the club over so many years.

I pity whoever is running the coach that Liz travels on to away games now! They gotta lot to live up to.:)

Enjoy your retirement Liz :bowdown::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here