Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Samples, polls and surveys.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In such situations, a sample is taken, usually enough to make it hopefully representative.Thus NSC, for instance, is probably reasonably representative of Brighton fans as a whole. Roughly. 269 people is a sample of NSC and 75% of that sample was quoted.

To come up with the answer, "269 people have bothered to vote which is nowhere near 75% of NSC. I didn’t vote because I didn’t like the options offered" therefore implying quoting 75% is wrong - is ridiculous. It's like saying we should have a Labour Government, because that's what all the people who didn't vote would have wanted , or, we should still be in the EU because all the people who didn't vote wanted to remain.

Oh well, one reasonable, well argued post, absolutely against racism, but going against the NSC's perceived correctness and someone who doesn't like it heaves it into the Bear Pit. Quelle surprise.

Don't expect this thread to last long. Disappointed with NSC. Tolerant at all times - but not when it goes against somebody's opinion that they regard as more important than tolerance.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
worlds-smallest-violin-xl.jpg

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
You honestly think that any reputable polling company would give those possible responses?

The thread was rightly spotted as a thinly veiled bit of racist trolling.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
NSC isn’t really representative of the BHA fan base. Certainly not on that poll either which was laughably put together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In such situations, a sample is taken, usually enough to make it hopefully representative.Thus NSC, for instance, is probably reasonably representative of Brighton fans as a whole. Roughly. 269 people is a sample of NSC and 75% of that sample was quoted.

To come up with the answer, "269 people have bothered to vote which is nowhere near 75% of NSC. I didn’t vote because I didn’t like the options offered" therefore implying quoting 75% is wrong - is ridiculous. It's like saying we should have a Labour Government, because that's what all the people who didn't vote would have wanted , or, we should still be in the EU because all the people who didn't vote wanted to remain.

Oh well, one reasonable, well argued post, absolutely against racism, but going against the NSC's perceived correctness and someone who doesn't like it heaves it into the Bear Pit. Quelle surprise.

Don't expect this thread to last long. Disappointed with NSC. Tolerant at all times - but not when it goes against somebody's opinion that they regard as more important than tolerance.

If you're going to quote me, at least give me credit for the quote.

Click on the Nsc graphic and look at how many members there are. 1273 online at present.

Members 26,929

Even allowing for multiple usernames, I don't think 269 votes is anywhere near 75% of Nsc.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I couldn't see the poll results, because I had not voted, as there was no option I could say was my stance. I don't really love players taking the knee and want it to continue, because I don't love that racism exists, or want racism to continue to exist.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know how representative it is of Brighton fans. The responses on here are very different at times to the FB group (although the Tau crew have rather curtailed that). Then you have Argus Comments. Some might argue for that being representative despite it being inhabited by diseased primates.

NSC has developed into a mature of age discussion forum and others have pretty much migrated elsewhere. It's not quite an echo chamber, but it is naturally the place older supporters will graduate to.

The supporter base seems to be polarised in its use of forums, largely dependent on age. I don't go to the FB, it's too immature. I don't go to The Argus, I don't have anger management issues or social psychosis. I come here because it's pretty sane and well moderated. But if I felt it was a reflection of society as a whole I would have thought that most folk thought BREXIT was a daft idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here