Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Return of fans to stadiums 2021/22

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We still don’t know whether grounds will be partially or completely full in August. However it is becoming clear that Covid vaccination records will either be a requirement or at least will make it easier to gain access. Matt Hancock mentioned on tv this morning that these records can be viewed on the app. I thought it worthy of clarification that this is the NHS app and not the NHS Covid app. The distinction is also not clear on the website. Anyway, after working this out my wife and I have now registered for this one as well. Good to be prepared for next season !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We still don’t know whether grounds will be partially or completely full in August. However it is becoming clear that Covid vaccination records will either be a requirement or at least will make it easier to gain access. Matt Hancock mentioned on tv this morning that these records can be viewed on the app. I thought it worthy of clarification that this is the NHS app and not the NHS Covid app. The distinction is also not clear on the website. Anyway, after working this out my wife and I have now registered for this one as well. Good to be prepared for next season !

Interesting. Resonates with my rant this morning about the PM (his liberalism). Boris will need to have his arm twisted to agree to any institution requiring proof of vaccination for any purpose. It will interest me greatly to see how this pans out.

Funnily enough, I have R5 on now and apparently Mr Tony is advocating vaccination identification. This could get very interesting.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Interesting. Resonates with my rant this morning about the PM (his liberalism). Boris will need to have his arm twisted to agree to any institution requiring proof of vaccination for any purpose. It will interest me greatly to see how this pans out.

Funnily enough, I have R5 on now and apparently Mr Tony is advocating vaccination identification. This could get very interesting.....

Likewise

Separate note ....sounds a nice person but I always struggle with the presenters voice ...tad of a problem when it’s radio

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I started a thread on this a week or so ago...

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...turn-to-full-Premier-League-crowds&highlight=

Key bit:

“So, to take a case in point, if it is the case that we want to see the restoration of Premier League football, which I certainly do, then in order for that to happen we would want to have, and indeed Premier League teams would also want to have, their stadia full to maximum capacity.

“Certification may play a role in that if the alternative were to, for example, to continue with social distancing and other forms of restrictions such as crowd capacity limits.

“So, in that sense, and that is just one example, the deployment of certification and the investment in that infrastructure would enable the economic and social life of the country to return more quickly and safely.”​

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Looks like that infrastructure already exists in ‘share your Covid 19 status’ so will be incredibly easy to deploy. The app contains my vaccination records and also a bar code to present when traveling. Presumably football clubs will have similar ability to upload the certification at the turnstile. The only snag appears to be the barcode expires on the 20th June. Maybe records are automatically scanned again and a new expiry given ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of the issues is the probable need for a booster jab in the Autumn for people over a certain age, so great you could attend games in August and September then come October you are banned as you are having to wait some weeks to get your booster jab.
That's without the existing problems with the app.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
One of the issues is the probable need for a booster jab in the Autumn for people over a certain age, so great you could attend games in August and September then come October you are banned as you are having to wait some weeks to get your booster jab.
That's without the existing problems with the app.

Yeah, good point about the booster. My mindset though is that any football next season would be good. What problems are you having with the app ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Being able to provide proof of vaccination will just provide a sort of 'speedy boarding' through the inevitable remaining hoops shirley?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
why can't the clubs allow fans to upload it to their online membership account, then is verified during online ticket sales?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Being able to provide proof of vaccination will just provide a sort of 'speedy boarding' through the inevitable remaining hoops shirley?

Would be the boarding pass.

I'm scheduled to get a second shot a week before next season so feeling very fortunate.

Get your jabs now if eligible!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I definitely reckon we'll be allowed at least 50% capacity come August. Might take until 2022 until full capacity I suspect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So with your smartphone first you have to show your vaccination status, then switch screens to your smart ticket.

There will be long queues getting into the ground given a pre-search check as well........

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So with your smartphone first you have to show your vaccination status, then switch screens to your smart ticket.

There will be long queues getting into the ground given a pre-search check as well........

Is this confirmed anywhere yet, other than NSC?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Is this confirmed anywhere yet, other than NSC?

I would be amazed if (assuming it's needed) that we won't simply upload or confirm in advance our vaccination status (or tested status) to our accounts or fill in a Covid questionnaire as during our recent games. Not a chance we will have to show our status at games.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Or for me, open app to show vaccination status, change default wallet to Google to gain entry, change default wallet back to Samsung pay to purchase a pint

Oh for the good old days of gaining entry and purchasing a pint using my season ticket

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m assuming the plan is that the prem games revert back to the usual slots - eg 4 or 5 3pm Saturday kick offs and not televised? Can’t seem to find it anywhere but guess this is the case l. Wonder what happens if we don’t have full stadiums by then though...!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here