Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Boot fairs in Brighton

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It’s been a while, but now that I’ve accumulated a load of old STUFF, I feel I need to get along to one. Which, do you think, is the best from a sellers point of view? My favourite was always the one on Carden Avenue, but on more than one occasion I’d trundle along there at 6am on a Sunday morning only to discover it wasn’t happening. Brighton Racecourse is my nearest, but last time I looked seemed to be extortionately expenses for sellers and buyers to access. I’ve never tried the one at the Marina. Any thoughts or useful advice?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It’s been a while, but now that I’ve accumulated a load of old STUFF, I feel I need to get along to one. Which, do you think, is the best from a sellers point of view? My favourite was always the one on Carden Avenue, but on more than one occasion I’d trundle along there at 6am on a Sunday morning only to discover it wasn’t happening. Brighton Racecourse is my nearest, but last time I looked seemed to be extortionately expenses for sellers and buyers to access. I’ve never tried the one at the Marina. Any thoughts or useful advice?

Shoreham

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I can't vouch for Brighton but in Lyme we have one monthly at Davey Fort but subject to the usual covid restrictions so if you get a spot I'd advise you to get a cleaning station with hand sanitizer and roll next to your stall and a good supply of disposable gloves for your customers.

I think the flat rate is £60 per stall.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not quite as near but Ford is one of the best. Depending on what you have, Thursday is for dealers but most businesses is finished by 9am. Saturday is more general household stuff and I think they have a bit of both on Sunday.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Shaves Thatch

Dashed this off late last night, hence no details. Straight up the A23 from Carden Avenue, on the Henfield Road, just past Rushfields at Poynings. Well organised, sellers behind ropes for Covid, toilets available. No rush to unload and get started, good variety and plenty of buyers. Usually Sundays, 8.00am or so start unpacking and drive off about 12.30 in time for lunch. I think it was £10 for sellers last year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not been in myself but know several people who have, apparently pretty decent. Just off the A23 at Hickstead so easy to get to from Brighton.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057573995024

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Shaves Thatch

F55D577C-7BD5-4A02-A2B3-279AA450006A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here