Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Derby Day

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Who do you fancy ? Had a few Bob on Third Realm @ 14s and Mojo Star @ 150s ( now 66s) , Bolsover Ballet seems to be on the drift at 2-1 , any rain should help Mc Sweeny , the race doesn't seem to hold the publics imagination like it used to , does it ? . .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ooooh. Haven't had a bet for a few years. Might pop into town later and have a go. No idea what I am doing so I am no use to this thread though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
About time we smashed those money cheating, floor shitting scum out the park... oh.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I haven’t even looked, but it’ll be Aidan O’Briens horse, probably ridden by Ryan Moore (whatever that happens to be).

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
John Leeper, ridden by the incredible Frankie Dettori. :bowdown:

Could go off at a short price. 9/2 I reckon. He was sensational in The Oaks yesterday on soft ground. He made the horse sprout wings! Legend.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
After snowfall yesterday in the oaks would be hard pushed to go against o Brian again but maybe some better value out there. Gear up at 25-1 looks a decent EW shout so am going there

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
John Leeper, ridden by the incredible Frankie Dettori. :bowdown:

Could go off at a short price. 9/2 I reckon. He was sensational in The Oaks yesterday on soft ground. He made the horse sprout wings! Legend.

Frankie really is astounding. Beggars belief that the bloke is 50 years old :bowdown:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Used to be a big thing, Derby Day, didn't it. Never had the same feeling since switching to Saturdays.

Always feels in the shadow of the Grand National now. Could try a Sunday with The Oaks on a Saturday. Big races work well in Ireland and the success of the Prix de L'arc de Trìumph in France is great scheduling.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Who do you fancy ? Had a few Bob on Third Realm @ 14s and Mojo Star @ 150s ( now 66s) , Bolsover Ballet seems to be on the drift at 2-1 , any rain should help Mc Sweeny , the race doesn't seem to hold the publics imagination like it used to , does it ? . .

Aside the O'Brien horse, I've had a wild 1 pound EW on Mojo Star too. Drawn in stall 10 which has produced the highest percentage of winners in past years. From a top stable and his two previous runs were respectable, even in lesser company.

theboybilly

I used to love our works trips to the Derby when it was on a (usually) blazing hot Wednesday. One coach off the course, the other full of beer, food and already well-oiled folk parked by the '3 furlong' marker . I found that by having a beer then going for a wander to the course-side bookies then back for another pint meant I could still have as much beer as the next man but wouldn't be out of it by the time the main event came around . I probably did this for 12 or 15 years and saw some sights. Some great (the ladies) some not so (the inevitable punch-ups) I don't think I ever won any money. It should never have been moved from Wednesdays

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We had a jolly boys outing from The Foresters there the year Shergar won it then ended up in a working man's club in Leatherhead before getting back on the bus to LA.
Great day out

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Aside the O'Brien horse, I've had a wild 1 pound EW on Mojo Star too. Drawn in stall 10 which has produced the highest percentage of winners in past years. From a top stable and his two previous runs were respectable, even in lesser company.

Thank you. Thank you very much :thumbsup:

I know sod all about horse racing but I do like a big odds e/w flutter on the big races so.....

mojo.JPG

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Mojo Star

EW?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here