Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion retained list snippets (Ostigard, Richards)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I posted this first part on another thread, but to give it more visibility....

Although Albion haven't made an announcement, they have extended the contracts of Leo Ostigard and Taylor Richards. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think the terminology "Extended" implies that an existing option has been exercised. I wonder what that implies in the case of Ostigard, if anything, given his previous comments (presumably if both parties had been equally happy to sign a new, long-term contract, that would have happened and been announced?)

123421.jpg

And, a note that three of our 1st-year scholars signed professional contracts at some point during the season: Toby Collyer, Marcus Ifill and Casper Nilsson. The remainder are still scholars (at least for the time being).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Taylor Richards was supposedly spotted at Brentfords stadium not long ago, their fans hoped he would sign for them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Davy Propper - retained - have we taken an option to extend his contract?
No. He is retained because he is in contract. The only way to "un-retain" him would be to cancel and pay up that contract.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hang on, Davy Propper's middle name is Wenceslaus?

*tries to shoehorn Dale Stephens joke in*

I'm not sure the snip even includes the full thing. I can remember seeing from one of these things before that he has three middle names - Wenceslaus Petrus (presumably after the wine?) Henri. Which only leaves me to conclude he's either VERY posh or his parents spent a lot of time in the local "coffee shops".

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How about Ryan Longman?

Got one year left on his contract and according to Naylor he's been offered a new one.

I'm not sure the snip even includes the full thing. I can remember seeing from one of these things before that he has three middle names - Wenceslaus Petrus (presumably after the wine?) Henry. Which only leaves me to conclude he's either VERY posh or his parents spent a lot of time in the local "coffee shops".

He is Dutch, they are all like that. Frank & Ronald de Boer are in reality Franciscus and Ronaldus de Boer. Pierre van Hooijdonks real name is Petrus. Ruud van Nistelrooy = Rutgerus van Nistelrooy, and so on. I think I read somewhere that it was originally about a lot of families wanting to keep some of their Catholic roots when Calvinism grew in the Netherlands.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wiki gives no further clue but it does tell me (if accurate) that his brother Robin who plays in the Eredivisie has no middle name at all. "Sorry son, we used them all up on Davy".

Edit - was writing this at the same time as the above post ^^

Thanks [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Although Albion haven't made an announcement, they have extended the contracts of Leo Ostigard and Taylor Richards. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think the terminology "Extended" implies that an existing option has been exercised. I wonder what that implies in the case of Ostigard, if anything, given his previous comments (presumably if both parties had been equally happy to sign a new, long-term contract, that would have happened and been announced?)

This cycle of retain/release the clubs were also given a third option: to extend the signing until 31 Dec 2021. So a halfway house as not retained and not released.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wiki gives no further clue but it does tell me (if accurate) that his brother Robin who plays in the Eredivisie has no middle name at all. "Sorry son, we used them all up on Davy".

Edit - was writing this at the same time as the above post ^^

Thanks [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

Weird about Robin. Perhaps they just looked at the kid and thought "this boy is less of a fookin wenceslaus". To be fair Davy has been doing some clear and obvious wenceslausing on the midfield over the years, for good and bad. Robin is a defender and cant afford it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Got one year left on his contract and according to Naylor he's been offered a new one.

He is Dutch, they are all like that. Frank & Ronald de Boer are in reality Franciscus and Ronaldus de Boer. Pierre van Hooijdonks real name is Petrus. Ruud van Nistelrooy = Rutgerus van Nistelrooy, and so on. I think I read somewhere that it was originally about a lot of families wanting to keep some of their Catholic roots when Calvinism grew in the Netherlands.

Who was the Dutch player who played for Celtic whose name sounded more like a 'Crufts' grand champion?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Jan Venegoor of Hesselink

I often wondered where the of came from? Surprising that they would have an English word in a name, unless the word isn't English originally.

It means "or" in Dutch so at one point or another some of his ancestors got married and couldnt decide on the surname. The Dutch afaik doesnt have the tradition with double surnames so the hyphen thing isnt common and I guess in the Netherlands the "or" was one of the solutions to this rarely faced problem.

In Dutch, if you are going to use "of" as in the English word, you'd go with "van". Van means "from" or "of", depending on context.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It means "or" in Dutch so at one point or another some of his ancestors got married and couldnt decide on the surname. The Dutch afaik doesnt have the tradition with double surnames so the hyphen thing isnt common and I guess in the Netherlands the "or" was one of the solutions to this rarely faced problem.

In Dutch, if you are going to use "of" as in the English word, you'd go with "van". Van means "from" or "of", depending on context.

Ah that explains why that Dutch defender is called Hertz Van Rental

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here