Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Order Delays

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Anyone else struggling with long waiting times on items. I ordered a new turntable in March after finding it unavailable anywhere for 6months, expected delivery was May, then delayed until August now until December Can’t get components). Mrs D7’s new company car - ordered in March 20 arrived in the UK this week, supposedly no parts in the Audi factory in Mexico.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe there's some worldwide problem affecting supply chains?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm sure they'd love to get everything delivered to their customers but might be struggling a bit at the moment.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I had to wait months when I ordered my new amplifier and streamer. I understand why, but the retailer kept giving me dates for delivery which kept getting pushed back. I would have preferred them to have said that the couldn't give me a date, as I looked forward to each one, only to be disappointed.
All up and running now though, as my neighbors will tell you!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It’s Brexit(name me one tangible benefit, turkeys voting for Christmas,unicorns etc) or someone getting their 3 point turn wrong in the Suez Canal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
‘Hot Russian girl’ I ordered off the internet hasn’t turned up yet.....beginning to think it was a scam and I’ve lost my money. Haven’t given up hope that she got stuck on that ship in the Suez Canal just yet though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t get your Hybrid car Catalytic Converter nicked, you’ll be waiting MONTHS for the replacement due to a worldwide shortage of whatever precious metals or whatever it is that goes into them

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
‘Hot Russian girl’ I ordered off the internet hasn’t turned up yet.....beginning to think it was a scam and I’ve lost my money. Haven’t given up hope that she got stuck on that ship in the Suez Canal just yet though.

Have you looked in your porch or behind the bins? Maybe your neighbour took her in 😀

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Anyone else struggling with long waiting times on items. I ordered a new turntable in March after finding it unavailable anywhere for 6months, expected delivery was May, then delayed until August now until December Can’t get components). Mrs D7’s new company car - ordered in March 20 arrived in the UK this week, supposedly no parts in the Audi factory in Mexico.

I believe there is a world shortage of semiconductor chips used in PCBs etc caused by a shortage of raw materials used in their construction. This is screwing up production of everything from cars to electronics.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Manufacturing problems world over due to shortage of silicon chips which are in more stuff than people realise, in batteries of all sorts of electronics too. Loads of factories in China unable to produce stuff, and I think there has been/still are issues in Taiwan also with Covid restrictions preventing workers getting to work. Going to go on into next year I believe

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Graphics cards are a big one too, the Nvidea 3080s already in short supply due to lack if chips available are getting snapped up by people buying them for crypto mining so theres a lot of pissed off gamers

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Engine oil production has been reduced because less jet fuel is being refined. Cost price has gone up 25-30% this year and looks likely to keep increasing

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I jokingly told Mrs D7 at least her car had made it to Uk and the ship hadn’t sunk on the way here. Funny thing was she just got a text from her friend, whose car was also on order for months. It had arrived but on way to the dealership, the car transporter was in an accident and her brand new car has been written off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here