Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] This is genuine from my University

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
And here I am trying to lecture my students on issues in the construction field such as exposure to Asbestos, Silica Dust, Noise and Hand Arm Vibration.

I knew I couldn't cut it in FE...

Reclaim Holloway is hosting four panel discussions throughout June at the London Festival of Architecture. Dr Rachel Seoighe from the University of Kent, an associate member of the Gender, Deviance and Society research group at Greenwich, will moderating the conversations and with some incredible speakers across architecture, women's services and rights, criminology and the women in construction movement.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And here I am trying to lecture my students on issues in the construction field such as exposure to Asbestos, Silica Dust, Noise and Hand Arm Vibration.

I knew I couldn't cut it in FE...

Reclaim Holloway is hosting four panel discussions throughout June at the London Festival of Architecture. Dr Rachel Seoighe from the University of Kent, an associate member of the Gender, Deviance and Society research group at Greenwich, will moderating the conversations and with some incredible speakers across architecture, women's services and rights, criminology and the women in construction movement.

What is the issue with it? :shrug:

Think I'm missing something.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Struggle to see the issue here.

But a good opportunity to say I hate architects - with few exemptions they are snotty *****. Whenever I meet someone studying architecture in the university in Lund, I feel I want to throw them out the window from one of their beloved modernist high-rise buildings or bury them under a layer of steel and glass just like they take every opportunity to do with everything that is a bit too nice, human and picturesque .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm out on a Construction Site shortly to do some Silica Dust and Noise Monitoring (my proper job when not doing University Shit).

I can say with some confidence that the Workforce won't be discussing Gender, Devience and Society issues when we are having a Tea Break.

Sorry if this offends some of the more sensitive bods on here...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry what’s your issue with this? Can you also explain your frustration given the context of your FE role?

It’s hard to identify if this is an attempt at humour or a misogynist dinosaur.

In addition, most Universities run HE courses like degrees. I wonder why the OP is doing lecturing on FE courses?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm out on a Construction Site shortly to do some Silica Dust and Noise Monitoring (my proper job when not doing University Shit).

I can say with some confidence that the Workforce won't be discussing Gender, Devience and Society issues when we are having a Tea Break.

Sorry if this offends some of the more sensitive bods on here...

I'll be a whole lot less offended by this if you at least attempt to steer the conversation towards it.

You are in higher education now, pull your finger out.

But I will settle for you explaining what the houses of all that is holy you are on about?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

By an amazing coincidence, I know of a panel discussion at the London Festival of Architecture which your colleagues will be wise to attend. Book early to avoid disappointment.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
In addition, most Universities run HE courses like degrees. I wonder why the OP is doing lecturing on FE courses?

FE/HE, what a smart arse you are...

Basically the course won't get accredited unless I'm (or someone else with my professional qualifications) on it.

I'm lecturing, by the way, to put back 35 years of knowledge of my profession to my Students.

I'm sorry if this doesnt include the claptrap that jobsworths at Universities trade in but it might make my Students working lives a bit easier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm out on a Construction Site shortly to do some Silica Dust

I usually do this in night clubs or pub toilets….but each to their own.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I usually do this in night clubs or pub toilets….but each to their own.

plus-village-people-construction-worker-costume.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its looks like a fringe event, tangentially related to architecture from social perspective led by a criminologist. if its not of interest, ignore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here