Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Camping recommendations Brighton - Arundel areas

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Hi, not footy related but I know the good people of NSC have a wealth of knowledge I’m hoping to tap into...

We’re due to go to on hold 31st July to Turkey but can’t see it happening. We pushed it forward from last year and will probably do the same in the next few days.

We’ve got a decent tent and camping bits and fancy a trip. Not bothered about cost, but do need electric hook up and decent toilets and showers! The nearer thee coast the better but happy a bit inland... majority of family are Horsham way but also have Tunbrodge Wells friends so would
Consider the other way.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions...

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I apologise for the the spelling and grammar mistakes but have misplaced my glasses and have fat fingers!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hi, not footy related but I know the good people of NSC have a wealth of knowledge I’m hoping to tap into...

We’re due to go to on hold 31st July to Turkey but can’t see it happening. We pushed it forward from last year and will probably do the same in the next few days.

We’ve got a decent tent and camping bits and fancy a trip. Not bothered about cost, but do need electric hook up and decent toilets and showers! The nearer thee coast the better but happy a bit inland... majority of family are Horsham way but also have Tunbrodge Wells friends so would
Consider the other way.

Lightweight

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Consider the other way.

Summers ponds, near Barnes Green is excellent, immaculate showers and toilets,really nice restaurant and bar and a decent boozer 5 minutes walk away from site, always stay there for a couple of nights each year to check me motor home before going away. Takes tents,caravans and motorhomes, electric hook on all pitches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jack Straws back garden...judging by his wealth of knowledge his garden must be a gorgeous setting or at least a picture

One problem ... a tent would block his avenue.

E83DFBB3-ADF7-466A-844B-A06C328F4E8A.png

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
10 minute walk from the sea - I'm not sure if you need to be a caravan club member if you just want to pitch your tent?
Very good facilities on site, and the whole of Brighton on your doorstep, and the South Downs 10-min drive away - plenty of friends and family have used it as a base when visiting this area, all have rated it very highly...
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/england/south-east-england/east-sussex/brighton-caravan-club-site/?utm_source=localsearch&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We joined the Caravan camping tank top sandals and scrabble club some years ago, purely because it gave us an insurance deal with a motorhome, RAC cover and towing a trailer ( race car).

TBH their camp sites are lush . . .on the campsite scale! I think there's one in Arundel, The Lambretta club GB had a rally there a few years ago, all the lads from Doncaster thought they were in paradise!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We joined the Caravan camping tank top sandals and scrabble club some years ago, purely because it gave us an insurance deal with a motorhome, RAC cover and towing a trailer ( race car).

TBH their camp sites are lush . . .on the campsite scale! I think there's one in Arundel, The Lambretta club GB had a rally there a few years ago, all the lads from Doncaster thought they were in paradise!

We have Billycan Camping in Arundel but think it may be a little light on the electric hook up and showers? Worth a check though?

https://www.billycancamping.co.uk/about

Seems the do have this ........

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Graffham camping & caravan site, near Petworth.
Spent many a weekend / week down there as a kid. Its in the middle of the forest so extremely quiet but fun for exploring, decent shower blocks etc, yet near enough to Chichester / Arundel etc for day trips.

Gorgeous place if you want to get away from it all for a few days.

OIP.jpg
20160804-183104-largejpg.jpg
R1f1d240f71e765dd06b6c62b0cd9ee62.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Decent toilets and showers . Hmm is that possible if camping ? . I don’t know , never been camping but I would have thought lots of people using communal facilities is a recipe for disaster !

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Graffham camping & caravan site, near Petworth.
Spent many a weekend / week down there as a kid. Its in the middle of the forest so extremely quiet but fun for exploring, decent shower blocks etc, yet near enough to Chichester / Arundel etc for day trips.

Gorgeous place if you want to get away from it all for a few days.

View attachment 137350
View attachment 137351
View attachment 137352

Thank you all for your suggestions - we’ve got a week booked at Graffam in August. Let’s hope for a dry one!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As a kid Graffham felt like a long trip away for a holiday. I still feel a bit gutted knowing it’s just up the road [emoji20]

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Summers ponds, near Barnes Green is excellent, immaculate showers and toilets,really nice restaurant and bar and a decent boozer 5 minutes walk away from site, always stay there for a couple of nights each year to check me motor home before going away. Takes tents,caravans and motorhomes, electric hook on all pitches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second recommendation for Sumner Ponds. We have visited a few times, always good sized pitches, immaculate showers and great food at cafe by the lake.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
As a kid Graffham felt like a long trip away for a holiday. I still feel a bit gutted knowing it’s just up the road [emoji20]

It looks lovely. We’re taking our bikes and there’s some decent gentle trails there. Also, I’m very pleased to see that the Graffham village shop is less than 1/2 a mile away and does fresh pastries every day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here