Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Love it and long may it continue

Votes: 84 28.0%
  • Agreed with the gesture to begin with but want it to stop now

Votes: 124 41.3%

• Total voters

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No... that's not what I'm saying. White players taking the knee are doing it in solidarity not because they've been victims.

But they are forming an opinion and explicitly/visibly so, which in an earlier post you said we should not have the right to do.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
But they are forming an opinion and explicitly/visibly so, which in an earlier post you said we should not have the right to do.

Whether deliberately or not you're misunderstanding me and being obtuse. What I've said is unless you are the victim of racism then you have no right to tell those victims what they should or should not be doing to raise awareness. As long as it's peaceful. If you have not been a victim of racism but wish to stand along side those that have in their demonstration then you have every right. I can't make my opinion clearer than that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like it because it challenges and splits the racist community by making them think. (Do I want to boo and will or do I want to boo and daren't).

I do hope it's still going for the first full house at the Amex :)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Whether deliberately or not you're misunderstanding me and being obtuse. What I've said is unless you are the victim of racism then you have no right to tell those victims what they should or should not be doing to raise awareness. As long as it's peaceful. If you have not been a victim of racism but wish to stand along side those that have in their demonstration then you have every right. I can't make my opinion clearer than that.

I don't think, after suggesting that I was being obtuse, that there's anything else to say here to be honest.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I genuinely don't understand the mentality of the people who boo it. If you have a problem with other people doing something that doesn't directly impact you what exactly is the problem with shutting up and letting other people do what they want for a few seconds?

Booing is an active statement of opposition to a stance for equality. Whatever mental gymnastics you want to perform to justify your booing, that is essentially what you're doing when you boil it down, and that's absolutely pathetic.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Players decided to start doing it. Up to the players to decide if / when they stop.

The huge amount of English fans booing English players who took the knee yesterday suggests to me that the natonal team still has a signiicant number of racist followers. Disrespectful to the nation and the players.

The knee clearly upsets the racists and for that reason, if no other, the players should keep it going.

Just because someone is sick of having opinions rammed down their throats at every opportunity going , doesnt mean they are racist.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
God knows what I suspect the majority of people on this board would make of "Love Thy Neighbour" and early Alf Garnett stuff on TV. !!!
In those days it was humour and sadly these days it's racist

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We can all know that racism is wrong or physical abuse is wrong but as we're not victims (sorry if you are) then it's not our place say what those victims should or should not do about it. In a peaceful way of course.

There's not much the victims can do about it without some action by the perceived perpetrators. In the case of racism, white society needs to reform

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
God knows what I suspect the majority of people on this board would make of "Love Thy Neighbour" and early Alf Garnett stuff on TV. !!!
In those days it was humour and sadly these days it's racist

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Alf Garnet was a caricature which was deliberately making racists look ignorant.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Your poll is a bit leading, giving three ways of saying it should stop.
Where is the option for, "It's a positive gesture and reminder, but it's not enough";
Where is "Its a matter of conscience for those involved and my views on what they should do are irrelevant";
Where is the option for "It was a well intentioned gesture which is not enough on its own to combat racial prejudice and online abuse, but given that it seems to have become a focus point for those who don't want the subject highlighted, it has to remain or it will seem like backing down"?

It may seem like virtue signalling for players to do this, but its about time some virtues were agreed upon and lived up to by the football world as a whole. If people who don't agree with a god saving the queen can have the respect to accept that the wider community does and not complain at every international, so can those who don't like this.

very good point, excellent post.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just because someone is sick of having opinions rammed down their throats at every opportunity going , doesnt mean they are racist.

If the 'opinion' is "We won't tolerate racism" and people boo that then the inference is those booing do tolerate racism, isn't it?

For what it's worth, I don't fully know where I stand on this one. As I said on a previous page I think as a gesture it still has value because it's being talked about and debated. But it does come across as a bit rote now, as just another part of the match going experience like being crammed onto trains and swilling down flat lager on the concourses and groaning at Maupay missing another sitter.

I'm genuinely curious to see how long it all lasts when full crowds are allowed back in.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There's not much the victims can do about it without some action by the perceived perpetrators. In the case of racism, white society needs to reform

That seems very much like a racist statement. I’m happy for the players to take the knee for as long as they wish but not happy to be called racist because of the colour of my skin.
I haven’t voted as there is no option for ‘if the players wish to take the knee they should do so.’

Last edited:

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
If racism was taken seriously by the football authorities you wouldn’t need to take the knee to highlight the issue. Small fines and short bans will not help. Points deductions and season bans would help. Covering your mouth while talking should be a 3 match ban.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ironic really as the racists would probably keep it as it just further divides .

I’d say we have gone further backwards and a bigger divide due to certain things in the last year .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That seems very much like a racist statement. I’m happy for the players to take the knee for as long as they wish but not happy to be called racist because of the colour of my skin.
I haven’t voted as there is no option for ‘if the players wish to take the knee they should do so.’

Melodramatic. I'm not saying every white person is a racist and I think you know that. What I'm saying is that it is the institutions in this country where there is alleged institutional racism and it is those bodies which are predominantly controlled by white British males which need to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here