Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion have best 100% win record for England!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
"Ben White became the fifth Brighton player to play for England after Tommy Cook, Peter Ward, Steve Foster and Lewis Dunk. England have won all seven matches when Brighton players have featured, the best 100%-win record when players from a club represent the England national team."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57250378

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
England manager Gareth Southgate speaking to ITV: "I thought we started very well. We used the ball well in the first hour or so. We were playing against a very good side. They have good players. They get in between the lines well.

"The first hour was good in terms of quality. After that we needed to make a lot of changes and preserve people. We got a bid disjointed and people had cramp. We were hanging on at the end. It was understandable given the changes.

"Ben White showed some lovely touches. You can see he's miles better than that clown Mings. He's a quality player."

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
My favourite Albion / England stat which I had been saving for ages that when Foster / Dunk / White have played, England have not conceded a goal...Ben played a significant part in that last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England manager Gareth Southgate speaking to ITV: "I thought we started very well. We used the ball well in the first hour or so. We were playing against a very good side. They have good players. They get in between the lines well.

"The first hour was good in terms of quality. After that we needed to make a lot of changes and preserve people. We got a bid disjointed and people had cramp. We were hanging on at the end. It was understandable given the changes.."

What a moron, England made 5 substitutions, Austria made 6. Class A Clown

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My favourite Albion / England stat which I had been saving for ages that when Foster / Dunk / White have played, England have not conceded a goal...Ben played a significant part in that last night.

In fact England have only ever conceded one goal with a Brighton player in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here