Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** Yorkshire v Sussex match thread ***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex has obviously thought that its teams this year have been a bit too elderly and are looking to include a bit more youth. So, Clark, Rawlins and Garton have been dropped (Garton is being rested) and in come two teenagers Sarro and Ibrahim - along with the 57*-year old Claydon.

Squad: Ben Brown (captain), Jamie Atkins, Jack Carson, Mitch Claydon, Henry Crocombe, Tom Haines, Travis Head, Daniel Ibrahim, Stuart Meaker, Ali Orr, Joe Sarro, Aaron Thomason, Stiaan van Zyl

My guess is that both Orr and Ibrahim will play - otherwise Carson or Meaker will be batting at 7. Ibrahim is just 16, I don't whether that will make him the youngest player for Sussex - Coles was also 16 when he played (as BTW was John Barclay, a good role model to follow),

It won't surprise me to see one of the Lenhams to get a game this season at the rate we're going,

* he's not really 57, he just looks like it

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully Head will reach double figures today.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My guess is that both Orr and Ibrahim will play - otherwise Carson or Meaker will be batting at 7. Ibrahim is just 16, I don't whether that will make him the youngest player for Sussex - Coles was also 16 when he played (as BTW was John Barclay, a good role model to follow),

It won't surprise me to see one of the Lenhams to get a game this season at the rate we're going,

Talking of which. How old was Neil Lenham when he first played for Sussex? I vividly recall his big score (ton was it) v Pakistan back in the day, but not sure that was his debut.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Talking of which. How old was Neil Lenham when he first played for Sussex? I vividly recall his big score (ton was it) v Pakistan back in the day, but not sure that was his debut.

That was 1987, he got 104. He made his debut in 1984 aged 18

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

Les Lenham was playing when I first watched Sussex. You feel you're getting older when his son starts playing, but you KNOW you're getting old when his grandchildren start playing!!:ohmy: Looking forward to it though!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shall we abandon this thread now? No chance of getting to the 4th day with the team Yorkshire have put out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
38/3 :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody hard graft for our batsman. Patterson 7 overs, 5 maidens for two runs, and four of Coad's 8 overs have been maidens too.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Tom Haines has signed a new "multi-year" contract, which is some good news at least

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sussex 208/5

Fabulous 102* for Ben Brown :clap2: :clap2:

16 year old Danial Ibrahim playing his part too, dead batting the new ball.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Head is on track to be our worst overseas signing ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here