Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who to look out for next season?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyone foresee any surprises from among our existing squad/academy?

I’ve an idea Khadra might make a breakthrough into the squad as an attacking midfielder and Caicedo will have a chance to shine if Biss goes, but of everyone I think Moder has a lot of what it takes to become a fixture in the side and a sneaking feeling that we could see more of Zequiri playing his preferred central striking role

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Haydon Roberts may be ready for a shot? I can see him adapting well to our style but he would obviously have some pretty big competition. Will depend on White's future I suppose. And Østigard, who may also be ready to enter the fold. I know Tsoungui is rated very highly but expect he will be due a loan before getting a look-in.

I do agree the club seem to rate Khedra highly and can see him getting a look in next season. Will be interesting to see what happens with Molumby, he will surely be getting frustrated if he ends up out on loan or on the fringes again.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Moder looked a serious prospect and with a good Euros under his belt could be a serious baller.
You can't look past Caicedo.
He's rather slipped under the radar but if you looks at those performances in South America (at international level too) you have to be excited by him.
Wildcard...Taylor Richards, no question. Only question mark has been over his application in the past, but here is a left footed, goal scoring CM/AM. Wouldn't be surprised to see him heavily involved in pre-season.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Andrew Moran might feature if he isn’t loaned out or sold to Man Utd/ Chelsea.

Might be too soon for him but he has the potential.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Aside for some of the previously mentioned, I also think it will be interesting to see if Teddy Jenks could break through. Already been on the bench a couple of times so GP clearly sees something in him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Aside for some of the previously mentioned, I also think it will be interesting to see if Teddy Jenks could break through. Already been on the bench a couple of times so GP clearly sees something in him.

Looks a real talent for sure.

My only worry for him is our midfield is pretty packed already. Going to be tough to get on the bench let alone the team. Another reason why we need the conveyor belt to start running.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Got to be the year for boy wonder Tariq Lamptey. Be so good to get him back but Moder will shine and a possibility of khadra he has so much potential.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Moder for the first team, I'm sure. Possibly bad news for Molumby which would be very tough on him. Have hardly seen any of Caicedo yet (half a match with the U23s?), hope to see Mac Allister cement his place.
Roberts still very young - another loan at a higher level I think (the Ben White pathway). Anyway he's behind Ostigard (who we'll struggle to keep if we don't play him or at least get him what he sees as a progressive loan) and Clarke (a much needed left footed CB alternative).
We've got wriggle room with another loan for Richards and Longman (who might just be in with a shout for a squad place; maybe).
Loans (League 1 or thereabouts) needed for about half a dozen other youngsters, I guess. Won't try to select which ones!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With players coming through it’ll be interesting to see who goes.

Welbeck - will he sign? Let’s hope so!
Connelly - hard to see beyond a loan. Has the potential but needs experience (and lean how to stay upright) to kick on
Andone - seems unpopular inside the club but a quality striker , more instinctive than Maupay. I could see him staying and challenging for a place
Zequiri - liked what I saw and hope he might be allowed to play centrally in pre season to give him the opportunity to challenge
Tau - says he wants to stay and has the skill set. One season to prove himself?
Gyokeres - didn’t pull up trees at Swansea or Coventry. Suspect he will move on and succeed elsewhere. Hopefully we have a sell-on
Locadia - Cincinnati won’t want him. Will anyone else? A massively expensive flop if he leaves with a cancelled contract
Izquierdo - a one season extension or let him go? The latter I expect.
Propper - surely bound for home?
Molumby- didn’t kick on at Preston & international career faltering. Cheap sale with a hefty sell-on?
Jerks - surely a loan at a good level
Bissouma - will he actually go? Looked nailed on but can’t see Bloom letting him go on the cheap which is what Liverpool/Arsenal seem to be angling for.
Longman - another loan hopefully in the Championship
Baluta - to call him forgotten would be an understatement. I’d liken him to White in position and style. Unlucky with disastrous loans so far. Needs either a good loan (no guarantees there) or selling on if he can’t challenge for the squad
Roberts - another loan up a level?
Clarke - could he be the makeweight in a deal with Derby for Knight & if so will we then loan Knight back as he’s probably not ready yet for the Prem
White - stay or cash-in on our new international? If the right offer is made.........
Ostigard - has clear potential but maybe a year away from challenging (unless White goes) A contract extension with another loan or extend and sell and hope for a big no when he comes good?
Karbownik - will he challenge or will he go on loan?
Walton - surely moving on. We will presumably take up the extra year on his deal and recoup some cash
Ryan - will he go to Arsenal (rumoured for free but surely a fee involved) or to Celtic with his former international manager? He won’t stay

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
With players coming through it’ll be interesting to see who goes.

Welbeck - will he sign? Let’s hope so!
Connelly - hard to see beyond a loan. Has the potential but needs experience (and lean how to stay upright) to kick on
Andone - seems unpopular inside the club but a quality striker , more instinctive than Maupay. I could see him staying and challenging for a place
Zequiri - liked what I saw and hope he might be allowed to play centrally in pre season to give him the opportunity to challenge
Tau - says he wants to stay and has the skill set. One season to prove himself?
Gyokeres - didn’t pull up trees at Swansea or Coventry. Suspect he will move on and succeed elsewhere. Hopefully we have a sell-on
Locadia - Cincinnati won’t want him. Will anyone else? A massively expensive flop if he leaves with a cancelled contract
Izquierdo - a one season extension or let him go? The latter I expect.
Propper - surely bound for home?
Molumby- didn’t kick on at Preston & international career faltering. Cheap sale with a hefty sell-on?
Jerks - surely a loan at a good level
Bissouma - will he actually go? Looked nailed on but can’t see Bloom letting him go on the cheap which is what Liverpool/Arsenal seem to be angling for.
Longman - another loan hopefully in the Championship
Baluta - to call him forgotten would be an understatement. I’d liken him to White in position and style. Unlucky with disastrous loans so far. Needs either a good loan (no guarantees there) or selling on if he can’t challenge for the squad
Roberts - another loan up a level?
Clarke - could he be the makeweight in a deal with Derby for Knight & if so will we then loan Knight back as he’s probably not ready yet for the Prem
White - stay or cash-in on our new international? If the right offer is made.........
Ostigard - has clear potential but maybe a year away from challenging (unless White goes) A contract extension with another loan or extend and sell and hope for a big no when he comes good?
Karbownik - will he challenge or will he go on loan?
Walton - surely moving on. We will presumably take up the extra year on his deal and recoup some cash
Ryan - will he go to Arsenal (rumoured for free but surely a fee involved) or to Celtic with his former international manager? He won’t stay

Pretty good overall summary (although Teddy Jenks would probably take offence to your spelling :) ). Unfair on Baluta though, he was beset by injuries and I think he had long Covid. However he still has the appetite and the potential. Exciting time methinks irrespective of who departs.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here