Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Possible Strikers

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Then we will struggle with conversion of chances again. No ambition = fifth relegation struggle. So, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all relative isnt it.

Some would say , spending what we spent , spending what we spend we are aiming to stay in the Prem. To most teams in the country that is an ambition beyond their wildest dreams

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Youre missing the big Ukrananian and even bigger Nigerian in the Belgian League. Absolutely certain both are/have been looked at.

This, as the head of the Onuachu to Albion propaganda campaign I am greatly disappointed to see this list devoid of his name. There is much work to be done.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
This, as the head of the Onuachu to Albion propaganda campaign I am greatly disappointed to see this list devoid of his name. There is much work to be done.

I agree that he would be a good signing. However, he is 27, three years older than our usual signings. He would also cost upwards of £20m, a fee I can’t see us paying for a 27 year old.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Welbeck was probably our most clinical forward towards the end of the season.

We can get Welbeck and still get another forward option I think.

Totally. We cannot rely on Welbeck, too injury prone. But when fit is a quality alternative option. I can't for a second believe we will not refresh and renew part of our front line. If we don't every live game next season will be about our continuous failing front line compared to our XG, again and again and again.:down:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kieffer Moore from Cardiff anyone? Might not be the most inspiring signing particularly taking into account his age, but reckon we could get him for around £8m and his wage demands wouldn't be ridiculous, can just see him signing for another Prem rival and bagging some goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thanks for doing the list.

I think if you can score goals in a weak team in a tough league (like serie A), then you can’t be too bad. On that basis I’ll go with the Fiorentina forward.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It wouldn't surprise me if we go for someone out of the blue like Bruno Petkovic of Dinamo Zagreb.

6'4", 26 years old. 9 goals & 9 assists in 25 league games this year.

Big unit and very good in the air, so would offer an alternative approach if/when required.

With 6 goals in 14 international appearances, he'll be turning out for Croatia at the Euros - if he has a good tournament...

Classic footballer's WAG too:

Attachments

• Iva Šarić.jpg
    Iva Šarić.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 153

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
all relative isnt it.

Some would say , spending what we spent , spending what we spend we are aiming to stay in the Prem. To most teams in the country that is an ambition beyond their wildest dreams

Yes but it is not our ambition

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

So do I

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally. We cannot rely on Welbeck, too injury prone. But when fit is a quality alternative option. I can't for a second believe we will not refresh and renew part of our front line. If we don't every live game next season will be about our continuous failing front line compared to our XG, again and again and again.:down:

This.

We need another striker.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Welbeck plus another is an ideal scenario. Once we challenge for a top 10 finish we will find it easier to sign the sort of player we are scouting, instead of seeing them join a top side in a lower division

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Unfortunately I'm not convinced Welbeck will sign. We need to be doing some planning for if he goes elsewhere. I've said it on another thread but how about Roman Yaremchuk of Gent. Knows where the net is and can head a ball.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Unfortunately I'm not convinced Welbeck will sign. We need to be doing some planning for if he goes elsewhere. I've said it on another thread but how about Roman Yaremchuk of Gent. Knows where the net is and can head a ball.

I did see rumours yesterday on the socials of Yaremchuk but didn’t share as they weren’t super convincing and people here were still reeling from Gonzalez.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree with you, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes, maybe that planning is going on as we speak.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Welbeck's contract expires in 12 days.

I think someone will out-wages us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here