Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Possible Strikers

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After the success of Danny Welbeck's season, don't forget that older free transfers offer something too.

Diego Costa is available on a free, knows the league and is a born winner. Yes, He has no sell on value, but him, Maupay and Andone in a front 3 would be enough to make even Virgil Van Dijk hide behind the sofa.
File under 'Giroud' - the suggestion will be rubbished in the same way. You could probably cut and paste them!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I’d rather we get that Gonzalez fella signed early doors. Ship a couple out.
Promise Zeqiri more game time in his position and bring Khadra up to the first team squad and then we can enjoy the summer without all the drama and anticipation of seeing us linked with someone who then signs for someone else

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
From the above list it would be Sada Kalajdzic for me

Morelos from Rangers is a definite no, can you imagine him Maupay and Andone together, they’d never make it out the changing room

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ve drafted a list of what I think are realistic striker signings for the upcoming window. I’ve used transfermarket values as a guide, which isn’t always a great indicator of a players actual price tag. For example, Adam Armstrong will likely go for £25m this summer, not the £14.4m valuation that he is given. Nevertheless, the values are a decent indicator of a players value given league, performances, and age. The goals and assists of the player are for the season that has just finished.

This list was made given the fact that Tony Bloom likes to buy players “on the right side of 25”. However, there are a couple of players on this list that are 25+. These players are listed because they would still provide good value. The players on this list aren’t necessarily linked with us, rather, they are players that may consider joining.

Drawing up that list obviously took up a lot of both work, and time. Welld one for that. However, if you had just typed the words Danny, and Welbeck, you would have saved yourself a lot of bother.

I've a feeling that if he signs on the dotted line, then we won't be looking any further in the striker department.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm sure we have offered Welbeck a new contract. However, I expect he has others on the table. If he doesn't sign then we desperately need someone in to replace him.
Would be a big loss for Danny not to re-sign.
I wonder when we will set the deadline for Danny to re-sign? We can't leave it too late as if he rejects the offer and we don't get a replacement in then we are in trouble with our other attacking options.
If Danny re-signs I reckon we'll just go for the Argentina winger.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
In making this list, I knew there was a good chance we wouldn’t sign a striker at all. Either way, I think it’s nice to see what’s out there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In making this list, I knew there was a good chance we wouldn’t sign a striker at all. Either way, I think it’s nice to see what’s out there.

Absolutely, and to be completely honest, many of those names mentioned l hadn't come across before. Then again that's often been the case with new Albion signings in recent seasons, complete unknowns!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was put off him Saturday when in full kit he collected his medal and kissed the European cup while he walked past it and he wasn’t even on the bench!

I know it doesn’t make him a bad player but he put my nose out of joint

What would you do if you were a fan of a club who just won the champions league. I expect your actions might be similar. No?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Suspect we'll go for Welbeck as he has a proven track record in the Prem. Be surprised if we go for anyone else due to the losses we're racking up. I'd be happy if we got Danny back in and another left back too.

Then we will struggle with conversion of chances again. No ambition = fifth relegation struggle. So, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think our strikers at the start of the season will be

Welbeck
Andone
Maupay
Zequiri
Connolly

Just can't see us spending out on one

FFS

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Then we will struggle with conversion of chances again. No ambition = fifth relegation struggle. So, no.

Welbeck was probably our most clinical forward towards the end of the season.

We can get Welbeck and still get another forward option I think.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welbeck was probably our most clinical forward towards the end of the season.

We can get Welbeck and still get another forward option I think.

I would say I hope we get Welbs and another striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here