Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Possible Strikers

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I’ve drafted a list of what I think are realistic striker signings for the upcoming window. I’ve used transfermarket values as a guide, which isn’t always a great indicator of a players actual price tag. For example, Adam Armstrong will likely go for £25m this summer, not the £14.4m valuation that he is given. Nevertheless, the values are a decent indicator of a players value given league, performances, and age. The goals and assists of the player are for the season that has just finished.

This list was made given the fact that Tony Bloom likes to buy players “on the right side of 25”. However, there are a couple of players on this list that are 25+. These players are listed because they would still provide good value. The players on this list aren’t necessarily linked with us, rather, they are players that may consider joining.

Attachments

• A74725EB-1886-4124-986A-FF00FAF71EE3.jpeg
    A74725EB-1886-4124-986A-FF00FAF71EE3.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 622

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Youre missing the big Ukrananian and even bigger Nigerian in the Belgian League. Absolutely certain both are/have been looked at.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Salzburg seem to have a lot of strikers on the list - four. Still, scoring 94 goals in 32 games is quite impressive, even in Austria.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
After the success of Danny Welbeck's season, don't forget that older free transfers offer something too.

Diego Costa is available on a free, knows the league and is a born winner. Yes, He has no sell on value, but him, Maupay and Andone in a front 3 would be enough to make even Virgil Van Dijk hide behind the sofa.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After the success of Danny Welbeck's season, don't forget that older free transfers offer something too.

Diego Costa is available on a free, knows the league and is a born winner. Yes, He has no sell on value, but him, Maupay and Andone in a front 3 would be enough to make even Virgil Van Dijk hide behind the sofa.

Goals dried up at Atletico and his salary could break our system but I wouldn’t say no as he’s only 32.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Let's be quite honest, there's absolutely no way Diego Costa is coming to the Albion.

As far as the list is concerned, it's a quite interesting variety of players and I'd be surprised if some of them weren't ones that we're considering. It would be interesting to know a bit more about their specific roles and personality, if anyone has any insights. Morelos for instance is someone who I doubt the club would be interested in, given his temperament.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Every time I see someone's height in centimetres, I have to google how tall that makes them.
Stop it, go back to feet and inches :annoyed:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tammy Abraham

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Suspect we'll go for Welbeck as he has a proven track record in the Prem. Be surprised if we go for anyone else due to the losses we're racking up. I'd be happy if we got Danny back in and another left back too.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Made me chuckle to see Morelos on that list.

He is one of the very few players in the world who would immediately fail the "no dickheads" test in every single category.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think our strikers at the start of the season will be

Welbeck
Andone
Maupay
Zequiri
Connolly

Just can't see us spending out on one

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I’ve drafted a list of what I think are realistic striker signings for the upcoming window. I’ve used transfermarket values as a guide, which isn’t always a great indicator of a players actual price tag. For example, Adam Armstrong will likely go for £25m this summer, not the £14.4m valuation that he is given. Nevertheless, the values are a decent indicator of a players value given league, performances, and age. The goals and assists of the player are for the season that has just finished.

This list was made given the fact that Tony Bloom likes to buy players “on the right side of 25”. However, there are a couple of players on this list that are 25+. These players are listed because they would still provide good value. The players on this list aren’t necessarily linked with us, rather, they are players that may consider joining.

Patson Daka would be my choice but Vincent Aboubakar would be a great option

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think our strikers at the start of the season will be

Welbeck
Andone
Maupay
Zequiri
Connolly

Just can't see us spending out on one

Given our success in the striker market I'm not sure Tonys daft enough to waste more dosh even if its spare down the back of the sofa!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Tammy Abraham

I was put off him Saturday when in full kit he collected his medal and kissed the European cup while he walked past it and he wasn’t even on the bench!

I know it doesn’t make him a bad player but he put my nose out of joint

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Patson Daka would be my choice but Vincent Aboubakar would be a great option

Daka is my preferred choice but I think the Red Bull connection means he'll be going to Leipzig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here