Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] End of season Fans' Forum

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Barber said that he turned down a Northern Premier League club to join us when we were in the Championship. He said he learnt an awful lot from the season we were almost relegated (under Hyypia). He said the most important factor about choosing a CEO job in football is who the Chairman is, not necessarily the size or level of the club. He also said that he and his family are well settled here.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Barber said that he turned down a Northern Premier League club to join us when we were in the Championship. He said he learnt an awful lot from the season we were almost relegated (under Hyypia). He said the most important factor about choosing a CEO job in football is who the Chairman is, not necessarily the size or level of the club. He also said that he and his family are well settled here.

Witton Albion? Atherton Collieries? :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems odd that the club haven't let us know what was said.

I assume there is some sort of embargoed content ( as a guess about Welbeck ? ).

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

I assume there is some sort of embargoed content ( as a guess about Welbeck ? ).

It was all pretty standard;, waiting for govt. guidelines, missed the fans, tickets WILL be on smartphone and Potter enjoys doing that thing at corners.

'Nuff said :shrug:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Nope. I think it is fair to say that nothing new or exciting was revealed. But fair play to Paul Barber, he is an excellent ambassador for the club and right hand man for Tony Bloom.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was all pretty standard;, waiting for govt. guidelines, missed the fans, tickets WILL be on smartphone and Potter enjoys doing that thing at corners.

'Nuff said :shrug:

The great thing about the two players at corners thing is that if we revealed what its actual purpose was we'd have to stop doing it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I do generally enjoy the fans forums I’ve come to acknowledge that they’re never going to reveal anything exciting or contentious at one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whilst I do generally enjoy the fans forums I’ve come to acknowledge that they’re never going to reveal anything exciting or contentious at one.

Under Barber and Bloom at least - its probably because they communicate to the fans all the time. The end of season forum was one of multiple interviews Barber and Bloom have given to multiple outlets in the last week. We sometimes forget how rare it is for Premier League CEOs and owners to talk to fans/the media so frequently, openly and often.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Under Barber and Bloom at least - its probably because they communicate to the fans all the time. The end of season forum was one of multiple interviews Barber and Bloom have given to multiple outlets in the last week. We sometimes forget how rare it is for Premier League CEOs and owners to talk to fans/the media so frequently, openly and often.

Because they run it like a proper business, and make sure the customers are happy. I’m happy.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here