Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ancelotti to Madrid (alternative clickbait title: Potter to Everton?)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems lots of unsubstantiated reports on Twitter that Carlo Ancelotti is about to be announced as the replacement for Zidane as manager of Real Madrid. Marca is reporting it as linked, while betfair have suspended betting because they believe an announcement is imminent.

Of course this will likely lead to speculation, as any management vacancy will, that Everton will be looking at Potter, hence the alternative title.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite likely to happen I think. Perez likes to hire, fire and rehire managers.

And yes obviously there will be talk about GP to Everton, but it wont happen.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seems lots of unsubstantiated reports on Twitter that Carlo Ancelotti is about to be announced as the replacement for Zidane as manager of Real Madrid. Marca is reporting it as linked, while betfair have suspended betting because they believe an announcement is imminent.

Of course this will likely lead to speculation, as any management vacancy will, that Everton will be looking at Potter, hence the alternative title.

Why on earth would Everton look towards Potter as their new manager, he has hardly proved himself at Brighton . . . yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth would Everton look towards Potter as their new manager, he has hardly proved himself at Brighton . . . yet.

Agreed, he’s shit. No progress in two seasons, looks like we’re stuck with the loser FFS

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't think it's enough of a step up that it'll turn his head at this point if I'm honest. Spurs would be a different kettle of fish, but big a club as Everton undoubtedly are they aren't one of the ESL 6.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Why would that be the case, our manager is clearly a dunce.

Everton should check in with some of the experts here first.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s a rumour just now, but on grandoldteam he’s gone from a revered figure to “get lost and take Gomes” in the space of an hour.

Woah woah woah...woah.

Are you saying there's a football fan forum full of fickle individuals?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Out of interest what does GP have to do to prove himself to you? Keeping us up, changing the playing style, playing youngsters, reducing the squad age, club records points total not enough?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Out of interest what does GP have to do to prove himself to you? Keeping us up, changing the playing style, playing youngsters, reducing the squad age, club records points total not enough?

I don't wish to steal anyone else's thunder but I would suggest for a team like Everton to be after him he'd need to be pushing mid-table to properly turn their heads. Maybe 12 months from now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't wish to steal anyone else's thunder but I would suggest for a team like Everton to be after him he'd need to be pushing mid-table to properly turn their heads. Maybe 12 months from now.

Yeah they wouldn’t want to repeat the error of appointing Martinez after he got the job having overseen a Wigan relegation....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yeah they wouldn’t want to repeat the error of appointing Martinez after he got the job having overseen a Wigan relegation....

I must have missed us winning the FA Cup this season. I'd have expected a thread.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I must have missed us winning the FA Cup this season. I'd have expected a thread.

Me too, I also missed us getting relegated, that would have been a 100 page thread

I guess you are one of those weirdos that would have accepted winning the FA Cup and going down the same season?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Me too, I also missed us getting relegated, that would have been a 100 page thread

I guess you are one of those weirdos that would have accepted winning the FA Cup and going down the same season?

Given several members of the Potter In crowd have been coming for me all season because I happened to be of the opinion results mattered more than style of football I highly doubt it somehow.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Given several members of the Potter In crowd have been coming for me all season because I happened to be of the opinion results mattered more than style of football I highly doubt it somehow.

True, but we ended up getting great football and enough results to keep us up. At least one of us is happy

What do we need to do to get you on board next season? Nothing less than top 10?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here