Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bigger modern day club legend: Zamora or Murray?

Bigger club legend:

• Zamora

Votes: 89 52.0%
  • Murray

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leon Best.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Much as I love Glenn and what he did for us, I'm afraid Zamora will always be a bigger legend for me. Part of our real revival after the dark years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Muzza for me, a huge number of goals in two promotions that took us to the top and kept us there. My favourite Albion player.

Whilst Zamora is also special for his goal scoring when we had a tiny budget playing in an athletics ground.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Impossible call for me.

As a player Zamora in his prime had more talent, and was an unreal player for us in his first spell.

With Murray scoring the goals in our promotion year and first year staying up in the PL he has achieved more.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
2 different players in different eras, There have been plenty of other important, or 'legendary' players in the last 20 years.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Zamora. He was by far the single best player in the entire division for those two promotion seasons, an outstanding talent and once-in-a-lifetime signing who totally transformed the club’s fortunes and trajectory. Without him things would have been very different.

Glenn has been a wonderful club servant, canny player and impressively reliable goal scorer. He’s been key to the club and our path to the PL, and is undoubtedly an Albion legend, but Zamora’s impact was more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't want to answer that question. They were both legends in diffrent era's, I love them both.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Zamora. He was by far the single best player in the entire division for those two promotion seasons, an outstanding talent and once-in-a-lifetime signing who totally transformed the club’s fortunes and trajectory. Without him things would have been very different.

Glenn has been a wonderful club servant, canny player and impressively reliable goal scorer. He’s been key to the club and our path to the PL, and is undoubtedly an Albion legend, but Zamora’s impact was more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s interesting because I see it the other way round. Yes Zamora helped us out of the bottom tier but both Murray and Zamora helped us into the championship and actually Murray’s was more important given the Amex.

Having knocked on the door of the premier league for years it was Murray’s goals that got us there and then kept us there which has totally changed the direction of the club for years to come. In terms of the future of our club it’s Murray’s goals that have had the bigger impact.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Where Bobby was fantastic, Glenn is our highest post-war goalscorer, was the most important reason for the two most important promotions in the club's recent history and did the impossible on being better on his return than the first time round.

Bobby was my hero growing up but I don't think there has been a modern day player who has had a more important effect on the club than Muzza. He's the real legend.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Zamora once missed a sitter when playing against us.. I'm certain he did it on purpose.

Murray scored against us multiple times for Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here