Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday players considering walking out.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
After their performance in the CL final against Real Champiani I’m not surprised they are walking out, they were in the CL final right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Get your wallet out Sid.

_102857752_sid4.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't understand. I thought clubs got £180m for getting out of The Championship.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Not surprised. Chansiri gained a masters from the Risdale Business School.

On at least one occasion, going to SWFC season ticket holders (all 90,000 of them) asking for several seasons money in advance, the consideration for doing so was doubtful.
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/owls-launch-club-1867-membership/

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Shirley an oversight for such a massive club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those players should PAY for the privilege to play for one of the biggest clubs in England.

Young people nowadays. Honestly.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I know i will get slated for this but I feel for the players and genuine supporters of the club. Yes we all like to see one time rivals, in a small period in both clubs history, struggle but come on they are in dire straights and a club with such history sorry I can't wallow in their misfortune anymore.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If only we could find some Dullard who makes Actuaries look interesting to give us a quick summary of what all this (and the recent Ligue 1 news) might mean for the coming transfer window, particularly with regard to the English Premier's 3 leagues :thumbsup:

I wouldn't even expect an Acrostic :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have an enormous amount of sympathy for any club which finds itself falling on financial hard times. But somehow I really lack that feeling around Wednesday, or indeed any other supposedly big club which does it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know i will get slated for this but I feel for the players and genuine supporters of the club. Yes we all like to see one time rivals, in a small period in both clubs history, struggle but come on they are in dire straights and a club with such history sorry I can't wallow in their misfortune anymore.

The players deserve payment in full and on time, as do any employees.

My interest is mocking the hopeless and cheating (FFP, the stadium ‘sale’ that he got all wrong) owner.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I have an enormous amount of sympathy for any club which finds itself falling on financial hard times. But somehow I really lack that feeling around Wednesday, or indeed any other supposedly big club which does it.

Can you at least have sympathy for me having to work with some of their fans, who've spent a large chunk of the last couple of years complaining about how unfair financial fair play rules are?

Funny how it's always fans of clubs who spend lots of money without success, who complain the most about these things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here