Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ligue 1 Financial Crisis

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Didn’t realise how bad Covid-19 had hit Ligue 1 - cancellation of end of 19-20 season (money returned to broadcaster) and then collapse of TV deal in February means most of their clubs are in deep doodoo. This means that’s this may be the shopping bargain of the decade. Apart from Qatar United they are all going to have to reduce wage bills dramatically.

I’m not an expert on Ligue 1 - so apart from Mbappe and Neymar who is the expert on NSC who knows who the stars are and who would be bargains?

albionite

May 20, 2009
I wouldn’t mind Jonathan David from Lille on the cheap, but would imagine he will go to a bigger club if available.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it could be a 'very interesting' transfer window around Europe and the World.

(By 'very interesting' I mean Biss singing a new contract and staying for another year and us getting a pair of U21 striking bargains) :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it could be a 'very interesting' transfer window around Europe and the World.

(By 'very interesting' I mean Biss singing a new contract and staying for another year and us getting a pair of U21 striking bargains) :thumbsup:

2 - Be still my beating heart.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Didn’t realise how bad Covid-19 had hit Ligue 1 - cancellation of end of 19-20 season (money returned to broadcaster) and then collapse of TV deal in February means most of their clubs are in deep doodoo. This means that’s this may be the shopping bargain of the decade. Apart from Qatar United they are all going to have to reduce wage bills dramatically.

I’m not an expert on Ligue 1 - so apart from Mbappe and Neymar who is the expert on NSC who knows who the stars are and who would be bargains?

We were supposedly in for Serhou Guirassy, who was then at Amiens and went to Rennes (I think someone said on here that he turned us down), and then for Boulaye Dia, who plays for Reims. Dia's scoring record is somewhat better than Guirassy's, though I don't think it was that good before last season. We were then linked with him again in the January transfer window, but obviously nothing came of it. Someone said West Ham had beaten us to his signing, but then he didn't sign for them either.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
French got problems what a crying shame , we must all find a way to dig them out of their mess , after all they`ve done so much to help us lately .

As for players on the cheap , i doubt they will let anyone go for under top dollar , their arrogance wont let them .

I`ve got more time for our League 1 .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
French got problems what a crying shame , we must all find a way to dig them out of their mess , after all they`ve done so much to help us lately .

As for players on the cheap , i doubt they will let anyone go for under top dollar , their arrogance wont let them .

:ffsparr:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

889233cf67066def830d195ee26e5896--british-humour-warren-mitchell.jpg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see Barcelona and Real Madrid are still saying they were right about ESL because football could go under if revenues dont increase. Surely good for game if wages and transfers are halved

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Did you vote for Brexit by any chance? :)

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

I do hope you get over your traumatic day trip to Dieppe before too long.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Won't PSG just hoover up all the best talent given they are the least effected by the financial issues.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sad to subscribe to you little Englander mien and, frankly, deplorable tone. But . . . .:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Won't PSG just hoover up all the best talent given they are the least effected by the financial issues.

affected.

FFS.

I'm very disappointed in you for that. A man of taste and all that. :facepalm:

???

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here