Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Military and Money Collectors/Valuers

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Hi All,

Apologies if this isn’t the right place to post. I read more than I ever post.

Anyone know of any reputable persons/companies that can value WW1 and WW2 military medals, letters, books etc? And also old currency (ungraded)?

Cheers

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I know nothing about currency, but I could possibly help with the military medals. Letters would depend on content etc

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know nothing about currency, but I could possibly help with the military medals. Letters would depend on content etc

Hope the OP doesn’t mind the thread hijack, please tell me that one of these will boost my pension :wink: E139E19B-6C74-4380-888A-F40C9B9074B9.jpeg

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Unfortunately, you may get a decent meal for two but that’s about it. WW2 stars aren’t as wanted as they should be apart from the Air Crew Europe star which is worth a few quid.

el punal

Hi All,

Anyone know of any reputable persons/companies that can value WW1 and WW2 military medals, letters, books etc? And also old currency (ungraded)?

Cheers

Try Tooveys Valuers based in Washington, the West Sussex one! I had my Dad’s war medals and memorabilia valued for insurance purposes. I found them to be very helpful.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Try Tooveys Valuers based in Washington, the West Sussex one! I had my Dad’s war medals and memorabilia valued for insurance purposes. I found them to be very helpful.

Military is not Ruperts forte tbh

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Hi All,

Cheers

What’s the currency?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Maybe not but I’m sure they have a man that can - just as well no bow ties were being valued! :wink:

I do like Tooveys. I once bought a small box of foreign postcards to find two Titanic photographs in the bottom of the box, which I later sold to an Irish writer for a four figure sum:smile: There are experts everywhere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Thanks for the tips guys. I’ve got several of the WW2 stars (couple from Italy, one from Africa and couple with no country). A couple of “war” medals from ww1 and ww2 which I google suggests are participation medals. Judging by Southern Scouse’s reply earlier the medals alone probably aren’t worth much. I did wonder if the “story” might be worth a bit more as there re letters, orders, playbooks etc.

Re the money, I’ve got bags of coins which I don’t suspect are worth much and a wedge of notes in very poor to reasonable condition. There is a variety of currencies from Russian, German, Israeli, Libernaise, Francs and, maybe the ones which might be worth something, US confederate Dollars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here