Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sun Lotion

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I didn't get the job at the sun lotion factory.

But they said I could always reapply.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
To my embarrassment, I forgot to apply any sun cream yesterday knowing it was going to be hot.
Boy is my face red.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I use it until the bottle is empty, but I suspect the protection declines over time.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The packaging normally tells you how many months the cream is at max protection (ie 6/12)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have half-used containers dating back 20 years. If I can squeeze a bit out, jobzagoodun. No evidence it goes off at all, protectionwise. Chemicals, innit.

Mind you, it may go off in other ways, and one I used last year made me smell like David Dickinson.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Two very fair young uns plus one of a slightly hardier complexion means we run through suncreams at a frightening rate.
Keep falling to apply any to myself but my palms are astonishingly well protected.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
something designed to block UV radiation is unlikely to breakdown during storage sat in a cupboard for years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely. And a decent moisturizer.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
HT4, all you ever need.

HT4.jpg

Such an evocative pong too.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have half-used containers dating back 20 years. If I can squeeze a bit out, jobzagoodun. No evidence it goes off at all, protectionwise. Chemicals, innit.

Mind you, it may go off in other ways, and one I used last year made me smell like David Dickinson.

Denim Brut and Old Spice are making a bit of a comeback. so I wouldn't worry

I've got a bottle of Hai Karate Sun tan lotion myself. :eek:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I currently work for a company who makes cosmetics, SPF 20 and SPF 50 being two of our products. Ours has a shelf life of 3 years but as ours is also a cosmetic sun block it probably contains different ingredients. I'll ask the scientist here to find out for sure if there's any difference.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I currently work for a company who makes cosmetics, SPF 20 and SPF 50 being two of our products. Ours has a shelf life of 3 years but as ours is also a cosmetic sun block it probably contains different ingredients. I'll ask the scientist here to find out for sure if there's any difference.

Ok, science guy said something about stability testing and that all SPF has to pass the same tests regardless of brand so it's all the same, shelf life can be anywhere between 1 to 3 years but doesn't recommend using it after that. Should always say on the bottle though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here