Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Celtic next manager ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Celtic fans must be seriously worried at what is going on at their club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Weekday 17:15 BBC1

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What a bizarre appointment, wonder how far they got down the list before landing on this guy. Can only see it going disastrously and resulting in them re-appointing Lennon again or just chucking Scott Brown in charge by Christmas.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
D6C006BC-B9D6-409E-9B43-9E00AD7E4C95.jpeg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Aussie and Japanese leagues must actually be pretty comparable ability wise to Scottish one these days? He did well at both didn't he so not as much of a shock maybe.

Howe would have been a solid first choice but seems to have been out the game a long time. Shirley just take one of the many jobs he'll have been offered already as can't see him at walking into a top half PL club now. Do think the only reason he'd turn them down is he must have a firm deal to go somewhere like palace which is I guess if you back yourself to do well one with higher potential ceiling domestically than Celtic but by same token, back yourself to consistantly get into the Champions League group stage at Celtic and fly from there!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not an SPL fan but I think it’s a mistake for Eddie Howe to not take the Celtic job.

He’d have a near guaranteed top 2 finish, if he doesn’t win first season it’s fine “he’s rebuilding”, if he wins “he’s bringing Celtic back to where it should be” and would be a hero.

He could then win a bunch of trophies and come back to the PL like Brendan Rodgers did, with a chance of moving up and taking a next level PL club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If i am correct is not Alex Ross manager at Hibernian ? Maybe he would have been a better punt than this guy ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57293750

Well Jack Ross proved something of a failure at League One Sunderland, so no reason to think that he would fare any better at Celtic l wouldn't think.

Certainly this Greek Australian guy, is a massive comedown on Eddie Howe though. What a marquee appointment that would have beenfor the Bhoys.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not an SPL fan but I think it’s a mistake for Eddie Howe to not take the Celtic job.

He’d have a near guaranteed top 2 finish, if he doesn’t win first season it’s fine “he’s rebuilding”, if he wins “he’s bringing Celtic back to where it should be” and would be a hero.

He could then win a bunch of trophies and come back to the PL like Brendan Rodgers did, with a chance of moving up and taking a next level PL club.

Hmm, Eddie seems to get a nose bleed the further he moves north, look what happened to him at Burnley?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I heard Chris Sutton say that although he doesn't know anything, he thinks this has something to do with Eddie Howe turning down the job.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwells-home-20628923

I do not think anyone will have a rebuilding season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's absolutely no way that Rangers success is down to Steven Gerrard. Not in a million years. The mere fact that they were considering Eddie Dreary-Howe as their manager indicates how far off the plot Celtic got :rolleyes:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There's absolutely no way that Rangers success is down to Steven Gerrard. Not in a million years. The mere fact that they were considering Eddie Dreary-Howe as their manager indicates how far off the plot Celtic got :rolleyes:

Unbeaten in the league all season, done pretty good in Europe as well? Got to give credit where its due, although Celtic have been a shambles.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I don't blame Howe for not taking it. Threats of petrol bombing etc. Didn't Lennon have bullets posted to his house? I also expect he's after the Palace job. I would think he's on the short list although I think Dyche is their first choice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't blame Howe for not taking it. Threats of petrol bombing etc. Didn't Lennon have bullets posted to his house? I also expect he's after the Palace job. I would think he's on the short list although I think Dyche is their first choice.

Howe's clearly just holding out for another Bournemouth role. A bit like Jim Gannon who was none too keen on moving away from his Stockport comfort zone to join the Albion.

Celtic probably dodged a bullet by not hiring Howe and his entourage of equally unenthusiastic nobodies. Next stop IMHO? Bournemouth or the long haul back via an extended period of mediocrity in the Arctic Circle :wink:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I used to think that Premiership footie in Scotland would equate to the Championship level standard in England.
But the more I see of it the more I feel many of the clubs in the Premiership would struggle even against League
1 teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here