Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stamp out racism

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://news.sky.com/story/spanish-postal-service-criticised-as-skin-coloured-stamps-go-on-sale-with-lighter-tones-costing-more-12319617

Stapm.JPG

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is one of those things that will delay the battle against racism rather than the opposite, because it accidently (?) makes anti-racism look exaggerated and dumb.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
someone running that programme completely missed the objective. or was it deliberate...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just what we all needed - another thread about racism. I wonder what stance the posters attracted to this thread will take? It’s a cliff-hanger....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just what we all needed - another thread about racism. I wonder what stance the posters attracted to this thread will take? It’s a cliff-hanger....

Or to quote Loyd Grossman(ish), 'why would someone start a thread like this ?' ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t recall the last time I handled a stamp. Usually had the parcel or letter over to the person behind the counter. Does anybody buy books of stamps these days?
I used to have a respectable collection as a nipper. Long since lost in a move somewhere.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I don’t recall the last time I handled a stamp. Usually had the parcel or letter over to the person behind the counter. Does anybody buy books of stamps these days?
I used to have a respectable collection as a nipper. Long since lost in a move somewhere.

I've just checked, and I have 3 left from a book of 6 in my wallet.

I find people are always more pleased and grateful than feels necessary when I save them the trip to the post office by offering them one. You'd think I'd offered to cross the Styx for them.

Edit: To be clear, they're normal UK first class stamps, not racist stamps.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe

You have to ask, otherwise they use their machine printed labels. I have grandchildren in Australia, so insist upon stamps which are usually reluctantly supplied. But a card or parcel on the other side of the world with a British stamp on it is just a little bit more special. Last time the the Post Office clerk remarked, rather nastily I thought, 'that only old people insist upon stamps'...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have to ask, otherwise they use their machine printed labels. I have grandchildren in Australia, so insist upon stamps which are usually reluctantly supplied. But a card or parcel on the other side of the world with a British stamp on it is just a little bit more special. Last time the the Post Office clerk remarked, rather nastily I thought, 'that only old people insist upon stamps'...

I do the same for my gran in Australia. I insist they use my personal antique collection of Slave Traders Of The Empire stamps.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Stupidest thread and stupidest article ever. Whoever wrote it or paid any credence to it needs shooting.

There are real " Racial Disparity " issues that need addressing instead of this nonsense. After all - One of the most valuable stamps in the world is " The Penny Black "

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There is nothing to expand

Why would someone start a thread like this ? ???

You could answer it
Maybe too highlight how pathetic the whole thing has become.

We are now reading stories that people are offended by the colour of ****ing stamps!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

We are now reading stories that people are offended by the colour of ****ing stamps!!!

Well unless [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] tells us why he thought this particular story was worthy of a brand new thread we will never know, will we :shrug:

(It's to, not too :wink:)

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well unless [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] tells us why he thought this particular story was worthy of a brand new thread we will never know, will we :shrug:

(It's to, not too :wink:)
Maybe its just to get a reaction out of saddos on here who spend their life looking to be offended. ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And what with this and the cricketer....you seem to have entered the twighlight zone of intolerance to That Sort Of Thing. You OK hun? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here