Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurants in Rye

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Off to Rye for the weekend, honeymoon Part 1 for me and the new Mrs Crookie, saving the proper one for when we can travel with no restrictions. Got a couple of nights at The Ship Inn booked, looked on TripAdvisor, but as the fount of all knowledge, thought I'd ask the great and good of NSC for dinner recommendations in this fine town, as its been a few years since we've stayed here. The Mermaid is fully booked, so that is out sadly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Called in on the way back from a few nights away looking for a late lunch during the last ‘reduced restrictions’ period. Couldn’t find anywhere serving food after 2.30pm. Went to Hastings and had fish and chips :)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Take a drive out tomorrow and take her to the Dunes Bar at Camber Sands.
Great bar with great food.
Lovely views from the top of the dunes of the Sussex coastline.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Landgate bistro. It's where we went when Mrs G last had a weekend away.

It was fantastic food - although I was a bit distracted by the fact that it was the evening we were playing QPR and pretty much sealed promotion. I was following the game on my phone and cheered when Pocognoli scored - the waiting staff were all pretty cool about it.

Back to the food, I seem to remember the cheese board was especially good.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Off to Rye for the weekend, honeymoon Part 1 for me and the new Mrs Crookie, saving the proper one for when we can travel with no restrictions. Got a couple of nights at The Ship Inn booked, looked on TripAdvisor, but as the fount of all knowledge, thought I'd ask the great and good of NSC for dinner recommendations in this fine town, as its been a few years since we've stayed here. The Mermaid is fully booked, so that is out sadly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have a lovely time....one of my favourite places...was honeymoon part one for me many many years ago.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Go to Waterworks. Try a variety of local beers. Eat their homemade scotch eggs and pork pies

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
But if you want a proper meal The Standard has always done excellent food, while remaining pubby, Mehdi is a decent curry house and my name has been raving about Webbes Fish place

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Mermaid Inn does outstanding food in an absolutely perfect pub setting. Have a great Honeymoon.

P.S Lovely tea shop for cream tea on the cobbles leading up to the church, too. Forget it’s name .

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
The Landgate bistro. It's where we went when Mrs G last had a weekend away.

It was fantastic food - although I was a bit distracted by the fact that it was the evening we were playing QPR and pretty much sealed promotion. I was following the game on my phone and cheered when Pocognoli scored - the waiting staff were all pretty cool about it.

Back to the food, I seem to remember the cheese board was especially good.

Must have been a long weekend,we played them on the friday night. Great choice though.:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here