Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Eric Carle RIP - The Children's books thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the passing of Eric Carle it seems fitting to have, what is probably the 5th iteration of, a children's book thread.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/may/27/eric-carle-obituary

So taking it in any direction:-

Your fav book.
Your kids favourite.
The one you liked reading most.
Perhaps there's one your struggling with now

Crack on.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Fathom Five - Robert Westall - follow up to machine gunners - stunning book
also a German book called adventures of the black hand gang - pictures on right side story and a question on the left - look for clues in the picture.

The boy loves Diary of a Wimpy kid series

Don't struggle with any kids books now as I am 48 and can read even joined up writing

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I quite like the Shirley Hughes books I'm reading to my toddler at the mo. The Elmer series are good too

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I always liked reading ToughTed to my children years ago. Can’t remember the author, though.

For myself, I liked the good old favourites, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe and Moonfleet, which I read again this year.

I read most of the Harry Potter to my girls, and found all the padding out to be a trial. My two loved ‘em.

Mention for a poem, The Monstrous Cake, and my eldest likes to read Going on a Bear Hunt to her charges - she’s a nanny - , but my second girl prefers to watch Netflix!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I never got read to much as a kid, but as a parent i love reading to my two little boys. I have a fair few i like but my favs would be:

The something by Rebecca Cobb
Spooky Spooky House by Andrew Weale
The Gruffalo Books are good too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here